1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clinton Cash -- Everything for sale. EVERYTHING

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Jul 26, 2016.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Being scared of Trump IS a good decision for this country.

2. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I agree but it doesn't make it ok to vote for Hillary.

3. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sorry. I'm voting for Clinton to knock out Trump.

4. okierock

Your vote is proof that dividing this country is the perfect way to control it, you don't care that the person you are voting for has no moral or ethical line she won't cross to have the most powerful position on the planet and you are ok with that.

useful idiot

5. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Who are the smart people like you voting for?

6. okierock

I will likely vote for Gary Johnson because there are no other options(I line up with him on a lot of social and economic issues). Bernie would have been an interesting write in until he proved he was just another cog in the establishment by supporting Hillary.

I will not vote for one of the two establishment party candidates in this election cycle because they have proven themselves either incapable or unconcerned with providing a viable candidate. When both parties have proven themselves worthless why should I continue to support them? Why should you?

Fear is a one of the worst ways to make a good decision but both sides seem to know that it is an effective motivator for the ignorant populace.

There are only two current campaign strategies.

I may be an idiot but I'm not Hillary and I may be a crooked politician but I'm not Trump

We deserve better.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Fear is sometimes wisdom.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Seemed like they did whatever they took to to drive 250 million into the foundation to make sure it lasted beyond one person.

Not sure if the ends justify the means.

9. TheresTheDagger

Lets take a look at another Clinton Foundation donation "coincidence".

http://www.ibtimes.com/clinton-foun...als-hillary-clintons-state-department-1934187

Keep in mind Saudi Arabia is where 15 of the 19 hijackers on 9/11 came from.
    So in the wake of the Bush Adminstration, instead of slowing down weapons sales abroad, she increased them...all while getting millions in donations to the Clinton Foundation.

Essentially, while Hillary talks a good game about being for human rights and women's rights, in practice she supports countries her own State Department labeled "violators" of these rights.
    So these same countries were also paying lip service to counter terrorism. Meanwhile, Hillary knowing this still sold them the weapons while her foundation conveniently accepted contributions.

As an aside, I would be very curious to know where exactly those weapons went that were sold to these middle eastern countries?

Because its pretty damn important for our leaders to avoid even the possibility of temptation they would sell access and favors for money.

The Clinton Foundation is a philanthropic foundation! How convenient.

So she was advised in advance not to give the appearance of a conflict of interest.
    And she understood the importance of avoiding the appearance of a conflict of interest...and then promptly discarded her own words.

So not only was the Clinton Foundation getting "donations", but Bill was getting big speaking fees too.
    In other words, really smart people know this is really troubling (i.e. potentially Treasonous)

10. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Trump's ghost rider agrees that for this reason no one should vote Trump. Even Clinton's enemies understand that hating the Clinton's isn't a reason to empower someone like Trump.

The man invited a foreign nation, a hostile rival nation, to conduct espionage against our country in order to influence an election.

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

True, but the people giving the speeches truly believe it's for knowledge and insight.

It's just like my two close friends, they get paid for speaking in arabic garb with an American accent. But they think they're imparting world wide wisdom about culture. In reality, they're filling a quota and helping to market the people they speak to.

The speaker comes away saying "these guys are real smart!" when in reality they're thinking "these guys are smart for choosing me to speak".

I want to say though, this is not unique to Clinton. There are buildings owned by proxies of radical clerics in (ahem) the world, where Trump is paid to put his face and make appearances. To me this is a much bigger risk than speaking to wall street. He believes these are smart business people and that he doesn't have to share a lot of info about it either and obviously in his mind, getting paid by those people doesn't influence him. Americans don't seem to see that the rhetoric he uses against Muslims happens to mirror what one Islamic sect thinks of the other, and doesn't encompass both or all of them.

Interesting times, money buys.

12. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Yet...not none of this is illegal. Just because something appears that be a conflict of interest, doesn't mean it is. Just more right wing BS. Where are those Trump Tax returns?

13. Mathloom

Supporting Member

No one is insinuating that Hillary is withdrawing cash from the foundation and depositing it in her campaign account. That's absurd to everyone, right or left.

That is not the only way you transfer political capital. That is the old way of doing it. People that do this stuff, they get better at what they do over time. They find solutions, they create models, they find new jurisdictions and people that help them. In the same way that we can no longer define "racist" as just the people who say or do outright traditionally racist things, we can no longer define corruption as the type of corruption that happened 100 years ago or that happens in corrupt dictatorships today. If you were in their position and you felt it acceptable to use your position to garner money and favors, you would find a way to do it without technically breaking the rules. It's not that difficult, and they have way more practice than you or I.

The new way of doing it is: you, friend #1, donate to my foundation. The foundation gives your money to friend #2, let's say for example friend #2 is a leader in a country where I know 50% of foreign aid disappears from thin air and has a problem with child obesity. Friend #1 get a political favor from Hillary, while friend #2 is the future donor to my campaigns OR foundation or he can do her a favor in his country if she needs it. This happens all the time. Not illegal. Doesn't show up in the accounting. No way to prove a conflict of interest on paper. That's what they started doing at the beginning, I'm sure this has developed into an even more complex structure.

They put the faces in front of the stage, and the money is behind the stage. Like I said to SamFisher the other day, you really need to get behind that stage to see who their very close friends are. There are genuine people who care about the causes that the foundation associates themselves with. There is lots and lots of money that goes towards helping people in these causes.

But if you think that's all that's happening or that's the reason why they started it I think you are being naive or acting obtuse.

Let's get to the end game here. You are waiting for paper proof of something like this it seems, just like so many waited for from the DNC before the leaks. If we got paper proof, wouldn't you be the first to say "people already knew this, everyone's doing it, you gotta do what you gotta do"?

14. Mathloom

Supporting Member

It's not just the right wing that has a problem with it. The actual left wing and many libertarians have a problem with it too, as well as I'm sure many dems and centrists. There are people voting for Hillary that have a problem with it.

What does legality really mean?
    [​IMG]

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Told you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rGg3Z7GpILE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. TheresTheDagger

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat..._private_individuals_involved_foundation.html

More Than Half of the Private Citizens Clinton Met With at State Department Were Foundation Donors

They were probably just interested in yoga and wedding plans.

1 person likes this.
  17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Dirty and sleazy.

But hey...not illegal.

#H->GoldmanSachs

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

The FBI has looked into this. There is nothing there. No proof. It is the last hope the Republicans have.....and they played it too early.

20. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is politics. Sausage making in action. We will find this all over our political institutions.

It is ugly and shows how the rich and powerful use their money to gain access. At the very least, we are able to have this discussion in detail because of the transparency of the Foundation. I can only imagine how this level of corruption looks in for-profit, private entities (Halliburton?).

Now let's get Trump to release those tax returns. The man whose campaign manager resigned due to his connections to and past work as a Russian connected foreign agent should have to come clean on his financial ties and obligations.

If we are this outraged over who we think Clinton is beholden to, we need to know the same for Trump.