1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela will be a star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 19, 2015.

1. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I thought I read that Capela is dealing with an injury that limits his minutes. Anybody else recall that?

2. Normalus

Normalus Member

(A)Capela!
    [youtube]cYQbK7kVfB4[/youtube]

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Was measured 6'11 with shoes at Nike Hoop Summit, all the guys get measured with shoes. So he's a legit 6'11 guy and not undersized.

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I didn't hear that at all. Mchale may have wanted to avoid capela getting hacked or perhaps he was gassed. These were highly unusual minutes for him and he was all over the court

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

His minutes were effected by a groin injury. It's great to see him play well, hope he never aggravates it again.

I still feel that if he has completely healed, his minutes should be increased to 20 minutes.

If there is a risk of recurrent injury, his minutes should be restricted.

6. Manun

Manun Member

Trade t-jones or d-mo? I rather keep d-mo and trade t-jones for a PG upgrade to be honest :cool::p

7. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

DAMN.... dat number 1 overall pick potential doe

but honestly this kid is gonna be scary good... his instincts andfeel for the game are insane... he outplayed jahlil okafor i believe in a world vs. usa competition

Morey got a steal at 25, because other gm were too lazy too go overseas and scout this kid..

8. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

This man gets it

If Budinger is worth the 18th pick in the draft, what is t.jones potentially worth.. we could get a nice haul for jones

9. J Hard

J Hard Member

2 TOTALLY different players with 2 totally different skillsets, Capela on D what we need desperately more consistently. Dmo an inconsistent player who shows flashes of really good offense.

10. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

DMO is not inconsistent in the post when he gets touches, he was scoring in the 20's when dwight was out for long periods due to injury

dmo compares favorably to Kristaps Porzingis who is seen as a top 5 pick in this years draft

capela would be a top 5 pick in the 2014 redraft

so these are guys you def wanna keep

11. J Hard

J Hard Member

I guess some ppl don't understand what goes on in the regular season, he was HURT therefore he couldnt go but he was trying to give it a go. Dwight has not taken a game off these playoffs which matters most. Ppl need to stop being so quick to take shots at Dwight, the disrespect is moronic.

There's a way to give credit without insulting another.

12. J Hard

J Hard Member

That will be stupid if Capela is traded, will be pissed if so.

13. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Maybe we can entice Gobert to come to the Rockets when he's an FA. If not Cousins, then Gobert.

You can't go wrong with having another big man rim protector, esp. with Dwight's durability issues.

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Let's hope he develops a jump shot so he can play next to Dwight. Those two protecting the rim would be insane.

15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Trust me. Capela ain't going nowhere. McHale might resign out of protest if Morey moved him this offseason. The Rockets have found their backup center and future starting center with this dude.

Here's a potential dilemma for the Rockets. Dwight will opt out next summer looking for a fat extension. Obviously we'd wanna re-sign him, but that big new contract of his will coincide with the rise of Capela as he gains more experience and skill. Do you give Dwight a 9-figure deal anyway?

ElPigto likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If Capela makes significant progress by that time, then Dwight will have less leverage with the team.

17. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not really. Capela will not be ready to step in for Dwight a year from now. And the Rockets clearly still need Dwight in order to contend for a title.

I guess I'm just worried about re-signing Dwight to a 5-year deal that'll keep him here til he's almost 36 and lock up a ton of cap space when Capela could be ready to step in(especially as Dwight's athleticism declines) within 2-3 years.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

Capela at the PF can't be any worse than Jones, right? I want to see some Howard/Capela rotations. NO POSTUPS, just pick and rolls and alley oops.

19. Misigns

Misigns Member

20. Bo6

Bo6 Member

taking him out and running the jones-smith lineup cost us the game last night IMO