1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. PeppermintCandy

looking good.
    Though I would like to see him working on other offensive moves besides dunks. I wonder what his shooting percentage is for shots that aren't dunks.

2. indo

indo Member

3. HRox832

HRox832 Member

I hope one day he'll be able play with the Rocket like he does with the Vipers

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Member

We need him back in Rockets uniform for rim protection if nothing else...

5. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Can we try him again?

I got a headache getting frustrated at TJones and DMo missing lay-ups and Brewer trying to guard Leonard.

Surely he can get a block or two without fouling.

6. Airdough

Airdough Member

If Capela could come in and just show solid rim protection his value would skyrocket. The Rockets need a both a rim protector and an overhaul of the PG position if they are going to make any noise in the playoffs. Unfortunately, the assets don't exist to make all that happen espcially if Howard can't return to at least a 20-25 minute role.

7. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

If you're sick of missed layups, Capela isn't the remedy man. He hasn't made a shot in the NBA yet.

8. bmd

bmd Member

I don't think Capela is good on defense yet. He's not a "rim protector" yet.

He can block shots.

But that doesn't mean he's good on defense.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

He won't be ready to contribute until next season at the earliest. I think he will become a very solid NBA player but it's going to take some time. He needs to put on a significant amount of weight and go against the big boys this off-season before setting foot on the court during an NBA game again.

10. oakdogg

oakdogg Member

If you're tall enough, how hard is it really to just impersonate DeAndre Jordan on the court in an NBA game? Dwight Howard played no college ball and started right away. I don't understand it when people say Capella is soooooo far away. What skill is he missing? Just block shots and dunk, am I wrong?

11. HamJam

HamJam Member

Yeah, no to Capela until next season. It is too bad, because we could really use a young explosive backup center -- but Capela was horrible thus far in the NBA. I've never seen anyone so bad. I was laughing the whole time, but, at the same time, I felt really bad for him. He just kept embarrassing himself with every movement on the court.

12. ipaman

ipaman Member

You're wrong and not giving enough credit to Jordan and Dwight. Very hard to impersonate those guys otherwise the league would be full of them and it's not.

It's the NBA, the highest level of basketball in the world!!! You need to know what you are doing, being tall is not enough.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I've got two words for you

Hasheem Thabeet

14. Zbed

Zbed Member

I'm hoping he turns into what Hassan Whiteside is for the Heat or at,east something like that

15. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

Spoken like someone who is not tall.

16. krmclaughlin

krmclaughlin Member

I know this stat is skewed because he hasn't gotten any playing time, is a rookie, etc, but something I found funny:

Clint Capela is currently posting a -22.5 PER right now.

That's basically equivalent to having Dwayne Wade or LaMarcus Aldridge playing for THE OTHER TEAM!!! I actually like Capela and think he's got a future in the NBA, but -22.5 is just hilarious so I had to share :grin:

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/3102529/clint-capela

17. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

Jack Sikma helping Rockets rookie Capela with Vipers

18. PeppermintCandy

^^
    That's awesome for Capela. I've always thought Sikma was a great big-man coach, so working with him could do wonders for Capela's game.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rockets send Nick Johnson and Clint Capela to NBA D-League.</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/568424683059556352">February 19, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and the merry-go-round don't stop