1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela to RGV Vipers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 10, 2014.

1. bobmarley

bobmarley Contributing Member

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He is now shooting 67% from the FT line. Calvin Murphy he isn't, but that is a very respectable number. More importantly is suggests that he may be able to develop a jumper of some kind. Even for the D-league, those block and rebound rates are amazing. Once his in game awareness and confidence improves, I think he may be able to contribute off the bench next season.

Not saying don't trade him, but he most certainly shouldn't be viewed as a throw in player. His upside is very high.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Wait, you would trade Dmo and hold onto Capella?

I agree he is looking promising and it would be great to hold onto young talent like him, Tjo, and Dmo...but I would trade anyone OUT of the rotation for Dragic....

DD

4. da_juice

da_juice Member

Trade Capela if you get a deal that will definitely help you win now (e.g. for a rotation player).

I have a feeling Morey drafted him with the intention of initially stowing him away in Europe (so he didn't count on the salary cap); but also for him to take a calculated risk on a big man. Capela is raw, but with a lot of potential. It doesn't really matter as much though, because we have Howard. I think the whole idea behind having a guy like Capela is that when Howard is done as a starter in like 5 or 6 years, Capela will be ready to step in and replace him (since Harden will still only be like 30).

5. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

:eek::eek::eek:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pSHoQmceljU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

Good highlight. Hopefully other GMs see this so this ups his trade value!

7. redhotrox

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>FINAL: Austin Spurs 134, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Vipers?src=hash">#Vipers</a> 126. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RGV?src=hash">#RGV</a> now 7-11. Clint Capela: 31 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, 14-19 FGs, 22 mins. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBADL?src=hash">#NBADL</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a></p>&mdash; Dennis Silva II (@densilva2) <a href="https://twitter.com/densilva2/status/551582067629109249">January 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. Misigns

Misigns Member

31pts-10reb-2blk in 23 minutes. Trade value FTW.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Lol...

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He's doing this with pure raw athletic ability. That is pretty amazing.

11. redhotrox

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FcWyceqEiO0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  12. rocketsguru12

rocketsguru12 Rookie

Keep this guy he is raw as sushi, but if he develops a jump shot his length remind me of homeless Anthony Davis.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Looks like he is spending time in the weight room. Seems like he has filled out quite a bit since the draft.

14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You know who Capela reminds of? Young Samuel Dalembert.

I hope Morey does not trade him. Capela's tremendous length and athleticism is amazing. Get Dream to tutor him on the fundamentals of being a post player and this guy could be our backup center next year.

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

he is beasting lately, good to see

16. delishman

delishman Member

We should cut him. He is not contributing anything this year.

#:rolleyes:

17. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Capela's measurables are very similar to Dwight Howard.

The more I see of him, the higher his upside seems to get. He even showed a nice little post move in that clip. If he can grasp NBA defensive concepts he's surely gonna be a beast on that end

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Actually, he reminds me of the young Akeem at UH. "All I want is donk, donk, and donk."

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I would trade them both for Dragic or a other star

20. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Man, that boy is going to be good once he start learning.