1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is STRUGGLING

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by snowconeman22, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Bo6

Bo6 Member

not worried. i think he isn't quite in game shape again.

also for someone whose game relies completely on his hands (yes i know basketball is played with your hands.. but his touch is incredibly important for him) , i'm not sure a big hand injury is great thing to have.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

It's not necessarily touch .

He needs his hands at full slapping strength on defense .... but I think his issues of defense so far are timing related . His conditioning appears to be OK

On offense where the hands are a bigger factor is grip strength on the way up .

If he can hold on tight he will either get a dunk or a foul. If guys are knocking the ball out of his hands then it's 50/50 foul/turnover

saleem likes this.
  3. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

it's call SLUMP, every freakin player will come across one, or 2, or more

4. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Calm down people... This injury happened at the best time (even though there's never a good time to be injured), for him to have flashed his growth to the coaches, players and himself (for confidence)... Now he's got time to round back in to form before the playoff and focus on effort with rebounds and help D while he gains his strength and confidence back. Clint is as solid of a rotation spot that we have behind the stars, and his free throws are bouncing back too which is huge for close playoff games... Not worried at all...

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I agree with your paragraph entirely, but I'm worried. Time is running out. He was making decent progress on offense,before he got hurt, but his defense has been sub-par all season long barring a few games. Clint also tends to lose his confidence quickly. I sure wish we had DJ too.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Props to you for initiating this important discussion.

snowconeman22 likes this.