1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is sad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2018.

1. joshuaao

joshuaao Member

I pray that this drama in Minny is real and we can take advantage of it. If there is a Jimmy v. KAT split in the org, we have to pounce while we can.

Minny might be interested after watching Capela decimate them in the first round. Getting KAT for him would be unreal. Although he struggled in the playoffs, KAT's ceiling is much higher than Capela's. He has the skills to run both the PNR and pick-and-pop, and can take advantage of mismatches in the post.

2. BigBum

BigBum Member

I am worried. He will sign QO, and are not happy next season.

but it's good for us, give him money when we have.

3. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Sigh... he's the reason we competed for a championship in the first place. Yeah, he overpaid Ryan Anderson... but didn't he also trade a bunch of spare parts for Chris Paul and James Harden? Didn't he turn Skip into Kyle Lowrey? Then turn a disgruntled Lowrey into the pick that swung the Harden trade? Didn't he also turn Aaron Brooks into Goran Dragic and a 1st?

Damn. The "Is Morey a good GM?" question was answered affirmatively a long time ago.

4. MONON

MONON Member

Some people here won't quit harping on that till DM trades Ryno for Jimmy Butler straight up. :oops: You heard it here 1st! o_O:D

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

The more time Capela spend on the FA market the more I think Morey is waiting to obtain someone he wants when they become available

6. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I am currently with and just personally spoke with CEO Tad Brown and Rockets VP Executive Gerrson Rosas and they will re-sign Clint Capela and not lose him. Rosas just told me Clint is family no way they will let him go.

BigMaloe, ak99999, mikol13 and 4 others like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Simply makes too much sense.

8. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Potential is 30% work ethic 60% luck 10%.... Kat has potential and luck.... from what I hear he has crappy work ethic... I'll take an over acheiver anyday! Kat will be playing with Larry Sanders and OJ mayo eventually

D-rock likes this.
  9. smp

smp Member

It didnt take them long to sign CP3. I guess he's like a brother and Capela is more like a 3rd cousin.

10. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

11. bratna8

bratna8 Member

What would be his QO?

12. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

can the rockets up there QO? or sign him to a better $ contract other than the qualifying one? Think that would go a long way in keeping Capela happy. Showing good will for next years negotiations.

13. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

14. baubo

baubo Member

If Capela accepts the QO I think that opens up a lot more space for trades or even full MLE depending on other moves. Morey probably isn’t afraid of this move from capela.

Also unless Capela hates money the Rockets can still offer him the max next year if they wish.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

what would Shelburne know? who thinks she has the inside info on Capela's thinking? Obviously Capela is not happy with our offer and is considering the QO. I'm sure his agent is leaking a ton to create more leverage to get rockets to up their offer. I don't see how the rockets benefit if Capela signs the QO; we likely lose our best young asset next year for nothing.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

$4.7M
    Has to approve any trade
    Unrestricted next year

17. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'd rather sign & trade him for value than watch him mope all year and then bolt next summer

Bobsputin likes this.
  18. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Thanks JR

I would definitely offer around $40M for 3 yrs.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Fixed :D

20. bratna8

bratna8 Member

What happens after 11pm tomorrow, can other teams still make an offer or would it just be the Rockets with the QO or an offer?

#280 bratna8, Jul 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2018