1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela is sad

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 1, 2018.

1. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

you got it reversed, it's ryno deserved less ;)

saleem likes this.
  2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

So does he know his rights just like one of the tweets suggest?

3. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

I would. And the Rockets would give him 5/$50 mil. Fully guaranteed. Anyone would.

4. malakas

malakas Member

Who said that it will return to a few years ago?
    The cap DID rise. Next and especially in two years there will be a flood of money again in the market. I guess the GMs won't be complete idiots and redo their massive mistakes but the prices WILL rise beause there will be more money. No way is Capela worth only 8-12 in a 110 mil cap.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Capela needs to take what he get from Hou the league is done!

6. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

i have a feeling he will take QO and become unrestricted next year where cap rises quite a bit.

7. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, if you want to be miserable, don't let the exec of the year stand in your way.

topfive likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Yep. I think the same thing. Capela seems like a "bet on yourself" type guy.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  9. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I will say the losses permanent crippled NOLA. At worst, Cousins could be staggered with AD but losing Rondo actually hurt worse. The weakness of NOLA is guard play. When they show up they are competitive and when they don't they are not. That pattern followed in the playoffs. I see NOLA lucky being able to make 8th seed now. This opens the door for Denver. Lakers will win more games but they are in for a rude awakening.

10. esketit

esketit Member

kevin durant and booger taking paycuts but we have ****ing paperweights like ryan anderson laughing their way to the bank

lw17 likes this.
  11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Clint is really sad now.

VivaChelseaFC likes this.
  12. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Capela watch (assuming he's not committed suicide)

Nachobar, Vivi and justtxyank like this.
  13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

HAWKS max Capela confirmed.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Capela taking the qo would be potentially terrible for us, means he gain total control of his future and next summer could very well leaves. We absolutely need to keep him, for various reasons.

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Anything is possible. But the direction ATL is going, they aren't going to want to sign Capela to a big deal for years. Their current direction is being flexible, collecting liquid assets. Getting Capela would deviate from this plan.

Same for the Bulls. And they just drafted a center that is cost controlled.

Right now, Rockets just have to hope Capela does not take the qualifying offer.

16. topfive

topfive CF OG

He might be really disappointed when he lands in a system not suited to his exact skills and finds himself being booed by the fans who wanted their big FA acquisition to produce.

Clint got seduced by his agents, who were seduced by the game announcers during the playoffs continually saying, "Another block! Capela is going to be getting the max this summer!!"

17. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

If Clint does end up taking the QO, the Rockets can always sign him next year, right? He had a breakout season this past year, but the QO does at least give us a chance to evaluate him for another full season at minimum cost. And if he really wants to be in Houston, it should already give us the inside track in re-signing him next off-season.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

We can sign him for more than the QO, right? I mean, the whole purpose of the QO is to lock in our right to match any other offers. It doesn't bind us to that amount, it just means we have to pay him at LEAST that for next season. Bump it up to $15M/yr for 4 years with the last year being a team option and I'll be his agents says, "Looks like this is the best we'll get."

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Problem is, next year he is a UFA. He would have bad blood about the team not signing him to a long term deal and would likely leave.

You don't want him taking the QO.

joshuaao likes this.
  20. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I was curious as to how often a player takes the QO and then re-signs with that team, and the first article I saw was a few years older but still showed every player going to a different team, or being out of the NBA afterwards.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/09/players-whove-signed-qualifying-offers-2.html

So I suppose Capela signing the QO means he'll very likely not be a Rocket after the next season then...