1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela has arrived

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Garner, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The big fella was fed by two of the best, and he just inhaled those passes. His defense was stellar. Clint's not listed at 7 feet, but he sure plays like it. We are getting to where we want to go. In fits and starts, maybe, but we seem to be putting together something special that can carry us a long way. A little extra time to heal up doesn't hurt a bit.

djperm, Beardaholic13 and Fullcourt like this.
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

If Draymond Greene and his stats can be an all star. Can Capela???

djperm likes this.
  3. alcatrazpsycho

It boggles my mind how little love Capela gets from CFs. I guess people forgot what it was like watching Omar Asik fumbling nearly every pass and opting to miss awkward layups rather than dunking it. No disrespect to Yao, but Capela, when all is said and done, will end up being the best center the Rockets had since Hakeem.

I mean, FFS, Yao was still playing with Stevie and Cuttino when he was Clint's age...

BigMaloe, jeevinesh, adw and 3 others like this.
  4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I wonder if Dwight is watching the playoffs thinking about what could’ve been.

Dummy just had to have his ragedy ass post touches.

dkim1984 and adw like this.
  5. rocks123

rocks123 Member

He sure kept us in the game when harden and chris couldnt find their shot in the first half. that Minnny lead would have ballooned if not for him. So props to you capela. Its not easy facing KAT but you held your ground and even outplay him in this series. I hope you bring that same tenacity and intensity when you face either gobert or adams in the second round. Those two are monsters. Hehe.

djperm, saleem and Beardaholic13 like this.
  6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i think he just picked up his Max contract!

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Catching lobs, eurosteps, switch-hand layups, and all with near-unmatched efficiency!

Capela definitely benefits from having 2 hall-of-fame level distributors feeding him the ball, but he's incredibly light on his feet and well-coordinated--especially for a big man.

Contrast Capela with KAT, whom many praise as a generational talent: KAT's fluid and athletic as well, but Capela's hustle made it look like he was wearing cement shoes at times.

djperm, BigMaloe, LCAhmed and 6 others like this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

I think for the most part we appreciate capela very much. He's a pnr roll center but he's damn good at it who just continues to improve before our eyes. He doesn't need to be a Hakeem type big. That's not what this team needs him to be

djperm and alcatrazpsycho like this.
  9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Personally I was never a fan of Foghorn Leghorn aka Omer. I always thought Harden made him look a lot better than he was. When we got Clint I wanted him to be up with the big club over Joey Dorsey. I always felt he was the perfect type of center to play with harden. Didn’t know if he would actually realize his potential.

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Does it really matter who deserves most credit? I mean Clint kept us close in the first half and Harden just went berserk in the second half.

djperm and Koperboy like this.
  11. Garner

Garner Member

If Dwight ever has any amount of self-awareness, the pending Capela payday has to sting.

12. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

What's that noise?? That Brinks Truck in reverse...

13. rocks123

rocks123 Member

Maybe because he's young and we dont wanna spoil him. Like you're third in your class? well that's not good enough if you want to get my approval. But deep inside you go capela.

alcatrazpsycho likes this.
  14. Game7

Game7 Member

Once we start moving the ball around, the game comes easy. That iso ball is good for controlling pace, but it hasn't been so efficient for us in the playoffs. I get it though...gotta throw different looks at them.

Beardaholic13 likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

"Once Capella starts demanding the ball in the post like Dwight Howard, it's all over." - Cuttino Mobley.

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Capela outplayed Towns and yet _holic told us no team with Capela will make playoffs or Capela is JAP, anyone of Jeff Withey, Chianauanu onauanuanaku, Dwayne Deadman, Joe Cheese, Thong Maker can replace his production

adw and YOLO like this.
  17. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

He had a great game, but lets be real... take away Harden and CP, he's not scoring more than 7-10pts. He would still be great defensively and grabbing boards.

nomiz1987 likes this.
  18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard
    Supporting Member

Capela made Asik obsolete.

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

i'm not the one who made the thread.....i just replied to the opening statement

20. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Was Mobley there today at Toyota Center? if so do you have video?

djperm likes this.