1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela at PF? Or is he best suited for C only?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tc0330, May 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing that Clint Capela looks really good in workouts and has added another 8-10 pounds since the season ended.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/738106722988920832">June 1, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. zigzag

zigzag Member

Capela to be our starting center next season
    excited!

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Eating pringles....ba dum dum. #IllSeeMySelfOut

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

Good, i have confidence in Clint.

5. basketballholic

Capela could not get up and down with Harden last season. Another 8-10 pounds only means he's going to have less speed and stamina. And we're fixing to play even faster. Just hype.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, but yeah, his stamina is very questionable and could be a problem.....especially since Capela is the only center guaranteed to be on the team next season.

7. basketballholic

Not so quick on that guaranteed, bobby. You may have to take that back.

8. Vivi

Vivi Member

You have to give him time to adapt and work on his body, D.Mo was also always breathless when he started playing heavy minutes, these guys come from Europe, in the nba the game is way more fast and physical.

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Clint Capela is one of the best runners on our team according to SVU player tracking. He and Harrell are absolutely built to run up and down and are willing runners unlike Dwight and Harden. I love that about them and i think D'Antoni is going to love them too.

10. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Capela is going to thrive as a roll man and is already a better rim protector than Dwight. He's going to be a solid piece.

11. basketballholic

One of the best runners on our team doesn't mean anything. That is if it were even true to begin with. But it's not. Just more gobble goop that distorts the facts here.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Maybe, but Capela doesn't have much trade value, certainly not enough to acquire a high lottery pick, and perhaps nothing more than a non lottery 1st rounder.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You misunderstand, I mean Capela is the only center we have under contract that unless he is traded will certainly be on the team to start the season. Everyone else either doesn't have a contract at all or they don't have a guaranteed contract.

I wasn't trying to say that he'd be here guaranteed.

14. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He was by far our best roll man last year.

15. basketballholic

No problem.

16. basketballholic

That may very well be true. But if it is its just another meaningless fact in terms of winning a championship.

17. basketballholic

If he doesn't have much trade value then what makes anybody think he's going to be really good?

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, personally i think he has good value, not great, but pretty good. And i also think he would easily get you a lottery pick this year, i mean, very easily.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He was also an excellent rim protector. I'm not nearly as down on him as you are. I think he's replaceable but he's a good piece and can be a starter.

20. jdhi

jdhi Member

was at the game on last night. Capella is still missing free throws & getting outmuscled in the paint. He's still not ready.