1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela at PF? Or is he best suited for C only?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tc0330, May 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol :rolleyes:

2. chandlerbang21

needs a midrange and FT shot first then work his way further out like Ibaka did

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He needs to become like a Steven Adams, but he's soft

4. basketballholic

Different shot. In motion and rhythm. It will actually be easier for him to develop a 35%+ 3-ball than to become a 60%+ free throw shooter. When dumb guys have time to think rather than simply react their performance slips substantially. Not trying to be cruel here. But Clint lacks intelligence. He'll be able to learn to catch-and-shoot the 3 a lot easier than become a good FT shooter.

5. D-rock

D-rock Member

Whether C or PF, Capela is still a back up. Likely to D-Mo. Not even sure Capela has a position in D'Antoni's system. MDA may prefer Smoove at back up center over Capela.

6. StrawberryJamm

Hes a center, gonna be pushed around a bit but still a decent rebounder and rim protector. His speed is an advantage, does well when hes forced to switch onto a guard and was our best player at hedging, showing, and recovering against the pick and roll, in my opinion.

Didn't see much of his crazy hops that he displayed his rookie year but his handles looked much better towards the end of his sophmore season. Harden/Capella pick and roll is better than Harden/Howard pick and roll. Never gonna be a shooter but he has other tools that could make him a plus offensive player. I'm all for Capella starting at center, he's made Dwight obsolete.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

The problem with Capela is that he's still very young and still developing his game. Morey wanted him to play in Europe a couple of years and then come to the Rockets. I don't think he's ready to play 30+ minutes a game, night after night.

If he can bulk up, I think he could be a good center. I think he can develop his offense in the paint. At the very first part of last season, I remember Clint sprinting down the floor, getting position down low and asking for the ball. Of course the rest of the team ignored Clint and he didn't get the ball. But, I think Clint wants to contribute on offense in ways we haven't seen up to this point. Clint has been working with Hakeem, so maybe he has a few moves we haven't seen yet.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is a center.

DD

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Actually it didn't...

that being said..with Dwight gone, he's our center. Just needs to bulk up because he's never going to be out on the perimeter on offense.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Not only is he only suited to play the 5, the team currently doesn't have anyone that's for sure going to be back next year that can play that position. It's by far the weakest, thinnest spot on the roster.

11. basketballholic

At this time Capela is not suited to play 5 unless you're planning on the team continuing to be mediocre like last season. He's a defensive sieve when opponents go straight into him and negate his length and hops with power and quickness.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that's what the summer is for...I'd expect him to be in the gym

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's only suited to play the 5, sure he needs to add some bulk, but that's the only position he can play.

14. basketballholic

No it's not. He was more effective as a 4 for us this past season.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

He is a center, but he needs to put on a lot more muscle and figure out how to better utilize his strength or he won't last. He doesn't have the developed footwork of Dream either, though the raw athleticism gives me flashbacks at times of UH's Akeem. His FT's improving to barely respectable is a must as well. Even Dream had to get better from the line fast.

16. Asian Sensation

He's best suited as a backup C.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He was more effective with the starters because they were better at setting him up with lobs, he's simply not a PF at all. It's like having DeAndre Jordan play PF, I mean I guess you can do it, but he's not a PF.

18. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Stop talking complete rubbish!!!!
    If you can't sort it out in your mind you must be a dummy! Y:p

19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

I'm here to talk about my team. If you don't like it, then move tf on

20. alethios

alethios Member

Then that settles it. /thread