1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Climate Change

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ItsMyFault, Nov 9, 2016.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Educational Post]
    It may be soothing to you to know that on the first Earth Day, founded by Senator Gaylord Nelson in 1970, it was warned that in 25 years, between 75%-80% of all the species of living animals will be extinct. So perhaps your mass extinction fears are unfounded.

GOOD DAY

2. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

What would be better than ignoring the Paris Climate agreement would be for Trump to submit it to the Senate, where it can be debated and voted on as the treaty that it actually is. That way the precedent is reestablished that treaties must be approved by the US Senate, and they are not binding unless they are.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

haha ok. don't trust scientist but definitely trust lobbyist groups that are 100% funded by the oil and gas industry.

if that's part of your stringent approval process you must not trust anybody at all.

4. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Some people in this thread need to watch that new documentary by Leonardo DiCaprio - "Before the Flood" -- it seems as though they just aren't educated enough on this issue and continue to shoot it down with uneducated responses.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone needs to watch the new documentary "The Day After Tomorrow" so they can be educated as to the reality of how man made global climate warming change is going to almost kill Dennis Quaid and the only way to survive is by hanging out in libraries burning all the books.

Os Trigonum and cml750 like this.
  6. ItsMyFault

Mock all you want. Won't change anything.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly my point.

cml750 likes this.
  8. ItsMyFault

Bringing awareness to the issue still does change something which is what my post was about. Not really sure how mocking me could relate. But yeah continue. Clearly you're ignorant towards this issue anyway.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The problem is the fear mongering nature of the church of imminent catastrophic anthropogenic climate change and the assumption that not everyone who agrees with the current church doctrine is just ignorant on the issue. Anyway, I'm gonna check out the "2012" documentary so I can learn more.

10. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...mes-SIX-weeks-Sony-hack-documents-reveal.html

are these the actions of someone concerned about global warming? why would someone so concerned with global warming own a private jet anyways?

Less people today carpool than in the 80s. SUVs make up a bigger percentage of car sales than every before. As much as i hear people b****ing about global warming, it all seems like talk. Everyone actions says to me they aren't concerned.

I've had cowowrkers/friends tell me they think the earth is dying and i ask them simple questions like why they leave their computer on when they aren't at work and drive an SUV etc... (clearly burning energy). I've gotten responses like 'because i think its too late and we are gonna have to leave the planet anyways' or 'maybe i should'. I wish all these people would just spare me the global warming lectures.

When you look around at human behavior does it really seem like people are concerned about global warming? Either global warming is real and we as humans are too pathetic to make the sacrifices need or its not real. Either way, whats the point in b****ing about it.

#50 tallanvor, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Bingo! You beat me to it.

If people really gave a **** about global warming, they wouldn't be driving oversized vehicles, buying massive houses, making pointless trips 5x a day, heating/cooling buildings to absolute comfort, buying brand new gadgets every year because it now has more megapixels, buying convince packages of any sort, ect ...

I could go on all day about how people dont care about the environment based on their day to day activities. People can blame coal plants all they want, but as the consumer, you keep them in business. Again, Liberal Hypocrisy at its finest.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Wait, lol, so you aren't bothering to say it isn't real you are just deciding we shouldn't care about it because people are irresponsible.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  13. tallanvor

My point was it doesn't matter because nobody is willing to do anything about it anyways. I was also suggesting a large percentage of the population say they believe in it just to fit in. their actions prove this out.

But to your question. I've never heard a compelling case for it. usually it's just peer pressure arguments that are always false ( 'all scientists believe it'). even if that was true it still wouldn't be compelling. none of this means it isn't real, just that global alarmists suck at making their case. example:

What global alarmists are asking is for trillions of dollars to be spent revamping our energy as well as everyone sacrificing tons of liberties. this will demolish the poor more than anyone. if you want people to go along you have to make a very compelling case and answer tons of questions.

#53 tallanvor, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Os Trigonum likes this.
  14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am a fan of global warming so glad for stupid people like TJ denying science for political reasons.

I think a rise in sea levels and temps will force a massive reduction in human population through war, famine and loss of habitat - and perhaps teach the world the lesson it needs. Perhaps then science will finally TRUMP stupidity.

We're going through a mass extinction on the level of major ones in earth history. It's too late to save us from runaway global warming. So fighting the morons on this is useless. Better to accelerate the inevitable and get it over with.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's already happening Broseph. You cant real/unreal talk your way out of that like climate change.

Better science that **** right now

16. ItsMyFault

There are facts are there. Whether you choose to believe facts or ignore them is entirely up to you. The earth is not flat but some people will choose to believe it is. It's no different here. It isn't an opinion that you're trying to agree on here. When people have a heavy bias in regards to an industry and money is flowing in that industry, they will try to discredit scientists who have really nothing but their life's work on this. It's funny really. There's plenty of information out there outside of documentaries. Plenty to educate yourself on.

I don't care what DiCaprio has done to help. I'm just talking about the issues we face. The documentary clearly illustrates what kind of issues we face.

17. tallanvor

and I'm arguing even leo probably doesn't really believe whats in the documentary or else he would be more conscientious about his energy consumption. He's probably just trying to fit in with his Hollywood friends.

I would point out that global warming is the greatest propaganda effort this country has ever seen. Government, Hollywood, and Academia all combining their efforts to push one scientific position and still Americans just don't buy in and continue to blow energy like Leo.

18. ItsMyFault

Once again, you seem to be missing the point. The facts are still there. Regardless of who chooses to believe them, they are still there. You can choose to believe facts if you want, it's your own choice. You have that right as a human being. It doesn't mean you aren't wrong. If this was opinion based, I could understand. There really isn't much up for debate on this.

19. tallanvor

but how honest/compelling can the facts be if Leo the narrator (producer?) isn't buying in?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which "facts" are accurate? Is the narrative they were putting out back in April that it was already too late to stop ACC accurate? If so, why bother worrying about it? If that was nothing but a lie or an exaggeration, what other things are lies and exaggerations?