1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cleveland Management -- Yikes!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PeteTheCheat, Apr 25, 2007.

1. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

I'm aware the Cavs aren't a great team, and I know what you're getting at. But this is like saying the Rockets are #4 be default. The Cavs still had to play all their games and win them like any other team.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Is this the Ghost of trying to pay Carlos Boozer Less than Market Value
    rearing its ugly head?

Rocket River
    Glad boozer is not with LeBron . . . Cleveland would be very good.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Sopcast didn't show it? If so, that really shows how low a value that series has. Even the horrible Pistons/Magic games are on.

You can thank Paul Silas for that. Supposedly he ticked off Boozer by telling him he would never be anything more than a marginal role player in the NBA. Obviously after hearing that, the last coach in the NBA Boozer wanted to play for was Silas. The Cavs could have kept Boozer for less than they offered him, but they decided to "free" him in hopes of signing him longer term. Instead, he jumped out of dodge because of Silas and a bigger paycheck even after reaching an agreement with the Cavs. They tried to be nice to him but he bit their hand.

4. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It was scheduled on Sopcast. Evidently it showed briefly at the beginning but the feed ended up switching to the SA/Den game instead.

5. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Most of that money is being paid to Finley, who they waived to avoid luxury tax. They haven't traded for another Croshere or Van Horn since.

6. PeteTheCheat

PeteTheCheat Member

here are my greivances...

I would have to say I dislike the Lakers for the same reason as I dislike the Cavs. both teams get way too much exposure for the quality of the team.

I realize that this is simply because lebron and his marketability to the ignorant masses...
    but if I turn on ESPN looking for some basketball (a bad choice I know considering their coverage is awful) the last thing I want to see is ugly basketball getting hot air blown up its ass simply because society has a mancrush on one of it's players...

the fact is cleveland is not a great team. they are at best a good team. put them in the western conference and they would probably be looking up at the Clippers in the standings this year...

but because they are in the atrocious east they earn an automatic title of contender? where is the respectibility in that I ask you?

what bothers me the most...as I hinted to in my original post...is that the situation isn't going to get better. teams that are over the luxury tax should either be A) contending or B) rebuilding (i.e. eating large expiring contracts). for this reason I would have to agree with whoever it was that pointed out the Cavs are closer to the Knicks than the Mavs.

what this means is we will have no repreave from years of Cleveland being stuffed down our throat...their ugly brand of basketball poisening by TV screen.

don't confuse this with a rip on Lebron...I have my opinions on his game, but that is neither here nor there...I think it would be in the leagues best interest to get him out of Cleveland, to save true hoops fans from having to suffer, when all they want to do is watch a game...