1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cleveland gaining steam in the LeBron James hunt?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2014.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can't believe this is actually happening. I'm one of the people that laughed a year ago with even the slightest proposition that he might be going back to Cleveland. :eek:
    Of course, who knows. He could just say **** it and sign with Miami again in a few days, but I really do think he's headed back.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron James &amp; Rich Paul will meet with Heat contingent of Pat Riley, Arison, &amp; Dwyane Wade at 3:00 p.m. PST confirmed by sources.</p>&mdash; Probasketballdraft (@Probballdraft) <a href="https://twitter.com/Probballdraft/statuses/486921200996589568">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It appears that LeBron &amp; Rich Paul made the request to save the Heat from making a pitch, last-ditch plea.</p>&mdash; Probasketballdraft (@Probballdraft) <a href="https://twitter.com/Probballdraft/statuses/486929208896393216">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bosh2Houston?

4. mario_v

mario_v Member

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Looks like it if Lebron goes back to Cleveland

6. batkins

batkins Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>LeBron expected to announce free-agent choice on <a href="http://t.co/IZdJH1909N">http://t.co/IZdJH1909N</a>. I'd start refreshing at time of his meeting w Heat (6 pm EST).</p>&mdash; Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamAmicoFSO/statuses/486932271115800576">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I also believed he would never leave cleaveland, but the dude got up and did it. No reasons why he can't do the same crazy move again and go back to cleaveland.

Honestly aside from the rockets getting Bosh, I'd really want James to go back to cleaveland. James was born and raised in Cleveland, 1st overall pick, one of the greatest players of all time, Cleveland's never won a championship before... It all adds up to be a great story. Lebron leaving sucked, really wish he would of stayed, but i'm sure if he goes back to cavs and wins them a ring to or 2 it will still be an amazing story. Bringing cleaveland their first championship would insane, James and Kyrie would also be a really badass duo.

8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

As much as I want him to go to Cleveland (for Bosh to Houston), I still think he is just trying to strong-arm the Heat into making more moves (maybe getting Wade and Bosh to sign for less to get more space) or to possibly say he wants Melo and not Bosh or no Bosh and other players with that money (which works for us!)

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It would instantly become the "feel good" sports story of the year. It would be a trip to beat that team in the Finals with Bosh. How I hope we get the chance!

10. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

there's no way he'd troll cleveland like that again (his twitter location, i mean)... not possible.

holy cow this is happening. bron to cle, bosh to hou.... ***** yes!

11. Bosh4

Bosh4 Member

You have got to be kidding me at this point. You can't possibly be this dense.

12. rocketsmetalspd

IF that does happen Houston Finally gets a PF that can truly help out since Scola was let go.

13. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Technically, Lebron hasn't said or let anyone speak on his behalf on this matter so wouldn't surprise me if he goes back to Miami and he always knew. This could all just be for television and entertainment purposes by (fake) insiders and whoever.

14. solodolo

solodolo Member

He can easily put everything on rest just by tweeting something . Some of it has to be true

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

why would he feed anything into the rumor mill

he hasnt said a single thing, and he probably won't until he finally announces it

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Barring some miracle, the sole purpose of the meeting is for LeBron to formally announce his intentions to sign with the Cavs to Riley.</p>&mdash; NBATalk_Nekias (@ESPN_Nekias) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPN_Nekias/statuses/486935738672754688">July 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would like to know how everything changed for Lebron. The story behind this.
    Is it the loss to the Spurs, the disconnect with Wade/Bosh?

He went from winning multiple championships to two rings and then bye bye?

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

delete

#438 JoeBarelyCares, Jul 9, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Only 1 source huh, twitter? ;)

1 person likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Here it is, your feel good story of the year: