1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cleveland gaining steam in the LeBron James hunt?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clutch, Jul 6, 2014.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Caron Butler! Derek Fisher! ;)

Granted he'd have Irving this time* but why will it be so easier to attract teammates to Cleveland than before, when no one wanted to go to Cleveland?

*Although who has Irving attracted?

2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's a good point and all the more reason for me to doubt that Sideshow would leak the private phonecall. I doubt the source of this rumor very much. AM talk radio desperate for listeners? Sounds legit. :)

3. lalala902102001

If I were LeBron I would go to the place where I had the best chance to win more rings and I can not say that place is Cleveland.

At the end of the day Lebron's legacy will depend on how many rings he has. The big three's run is probably over in Miami, but I see several destinations that give James a better chance to win more rings around the league than the poorly managed Cleveland Cavaliers.

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I actually think his legacy will depend on how many rings he didnt win. So far he has lost 3 finals and only won 2. He needs to win another 4 to match Jordan, and Jordan was 6 for 6. So I think his legacy is the best player ever is in jeopardy just by all the finals loses.

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

he might not "leak it" but he probably told some of his buddies and those guys told it to other people and somewhere along the way it gets leaked.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He was never going to surpass Jordan.

He can still become the 2nd best player of all time though.

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Hell, at this point he is going to struggle to catch Magic or Kobe.

8. spysta

spysta Member

Ehhh, He still has a chance to pass anyone, If he returns to Cleveland the fan fare will make him celebrated again. If he wins it will elevate him even more.

The concept of being perfect in the finals is dumb to me. I have even heard people make the argument that 6 for 6 is some how greater than 7 for 10.

Making it to the finals is an accomplishment on its own. Since when is it better to bow out the playoffs earlier than later?

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

it was reported during the draft that Love would be willing to sign in Cleveland if LeBron was there.

as for OKC not rounding up stars - I am sure it has more to do with management than guys not wanting to play with Durant and Westbrook. The let a star go to save money in Harden - not sure they would be outright willing to pay for another star - I dont know if Gilbert will be but it seems he is more willing to pay for the 3 third star than the OKC brass

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

He already surpassed Kobe.

11. spysta

spysta Member

I think he loves the area, not neccesarily Cleveland. After he won the Championship last year he left to go back to Akron like a day after the parade. Must love it if he leaves South Beach in the middle of the summer time.

12. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

:rolleyes:

13. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

By what logic is it better to lose in the the first 3 rounds than it is to lose in the Finals?

The 2011 loss is on LBJ and he should be criticized for it, but the other 2 losses area bit unfair to him.

14. TheresTheDagger

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wow. Talk that Lebron could land in Cleveland has dropped their odds to win the title from 60-1 to 10-1 in Vegas <a href="http://t.co/RMkSwSKygH">http://t.co/RMkSwSKygH</a></p>&mdash; Craig Sager II (@CraigSagerJr) <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigSagerJr/statuses/486571742769721344">July 8, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

In what sense?

16. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

He has passed Kobe.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

basketball.

18. spysta

spysta Member

Another thing to note is that, Tim Duncan is finally reaching the end, so who exactly is going to challenge a lebron led team going foward?? Lebron owns KD, Paul George and Carmelo, CP3 cant even get to the conference finals, who else is there?

Lebron in Cleveland with the young guns + a rim protector will be a force.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

On paper everything seems so easy

20. Mr Chuck Norris

Carmelo could if he joins Houston but he doesn't want to. Carmelo still owns a winning record vs LeBron iirc