1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cleveland Breaks Longest Losing Streak Record

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Warning-Sign, Feb 6, 2011.

1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Sad...

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL calm the hell down. First of all, LBJ didn't sign a contract saying he would be married to the Cavs for life. Why is it his fault the Cavs now suck because he left? Is he supposed to be responsible for the Cavalier's well being and court success even if he's not part of the team anymore? Secondly the entire team kept the fact that Delonte was banging his mom from him. I would consider that more an act of backstabbing rather than going to another team when your contract expires.

And no you shouldn't feel sorry for them. I feel sorry for all the poor people in the world who don't know where their next meal will come from, and not for multi-millionaires who play basketball for a living.

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Wow, they tied their own record of 24 losses in a row.

Dallas - L
    Detroit - L
    LAC - L
    Washington - L (who knows)
    Lakers - L
    Houston - L (30 losses in a row)
    New York - (By then they are due for one...what am I saying? Loss)

4. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

yeah, its one thing to go to another team for a bigger contract

its another to go on national television to announce because you are an attention w****. not to mention he would know how his team/fans would feel if he announced that he would be leaving.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Proof of Delonte? Maybe I'm mistaken, but it's just a popular rumor and there hasnt been much evidence behind it, correct. :rolleyes: From an actual source please, not some bull crap.

Also, he didnt sign a life contract, but he sure did piss off everybody by having his own special. The difference between him and millions of other FAs are that he actually had a TV special to announce his departure.

I feel sorry for everybody else too, actually kind of funny you bring that up considering I probably do more volunteer work/community service this year than you probably ever have done ever in your life. I can also feel sorry for people who don't have success in the NBA at the same time too

6. Landry92

Landry92 Member

Credit to the fans for sticking with them
    the Q looks more packed than the toyota center

7. Steve_Francis_rules

I was finding the losing streak entertaining for a while, but now I'm starting to really feel bad for the guys out there getting their butts kicked every night.

The look on this guy's face says it all:

[​IMG]

8. edwardc

edwardc Member

They went from shine to *hit in one year wow guess one player can make a difference

9. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Sympathy? GTFO.

Try being a Pirates fan and dealing with 18 years of misery.

10. Steve_Francis_rules

I don't feel bad for the fans because, like you said, it's only one year. But I do feel bad for the players who are out there giving it their all, but are still record-setting bad.

11. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

12. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I find both parties (LBJ & Cavs) deplorable in this whole Soap Opera.

The Cavs had the better part of a decade to build a serviceable team around a guy who was capable of taking his team to the Finals accompanied by crap. They didn't and weren't showing signs they ever could, so LeBron was right to leave.

And LBJ didn't need to act like a self-absorbed attention w**** the entire offseason and slap his former team and fans in the face on national television with an hour-long ego parade.

They're both obnoxious, IMO.

13. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Well the Cavaliers management had many years to build a contender around LeBron but they failed. It is still Lebron doing all the hard work from year to year. Imagine if a GM like Daryl Morey is there, he would find undervalue players that can effectively help Lebron to contend better for the championship. Morey can still make a good team even with T-Mac and Yao wasting the salary cap at the bench.

The Cavaliers management had themselves to blame also for missing the chance to win a championship.

14. tested911

tested911 Member

I still don't see how it's LBJ fault.. A Team can trade your ass anytime and not warn you of any potential trades. You hear it time and time again.. A player was on a flight and when he landed he received a txt from his buddy who heard it on the radio that he got traded. LBJ served his time and the community. He doesn't owe them a damn thing.

NBA = Business 1st
    NBA = Entertainment
    NBA = Players = Commodities

15. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

Pretty much exactly right. Though I imagine it bothers some LeBron haters that all the years of 'but LeBron had a good team around him!' BS that was shoveled out there has pretty much gone down in a ball of fire. I've noticed they've moved on to trying out 'well they were limited because they tried to build around LeBron', which is about as laughable.

"The Decision" was pure douchebag. And The Cavs are a horrible organization that was clearly never going to get it right.

16. tested911

tested911 Member

I know he doesn't coach Basketball but damn.. That speech would at least help them win a few more games and possibly not even be in this mess (24-25 game losing streak).

<object width="384" height="216" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" id="ESPN_VIDEO" data="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" allowScriptAccess="always" allowNetworking="all"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player/embed.swf" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="wmode" value="opaque"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowNetworking" value="all"/><param name="flashVars" value="id=6101034"/></object>

17. tested911

tested911 Member

Now that I think about it we needs this in the Texans locker room.. Why can't we get a motivating speaker/coach like this!!!!!! I want a winning mentality, a no holds bar fighter.

18. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I fully agree that he was beyond within his rights as a FA to go anywhere he wanted to. Far too many fans have a (subconscious) sense of ownership with players.

We'd feel "betrayed" if Yao up and left us for LA this summer....but that's his right, just like it's my right to look at other job options. He wanted to join the Superfriends, NY didn't have the cap space, Miami did, done.

Myself and numerous others called out Cleveland's roster last year (and earlier) for being overpaid overhyped junk....sure enough, this year proved it.

If LeBron deserves flak, it's for The Decision and his petty, childish response to the backlash.

Streaks have to end. I'm still thinking the Cavs finish with 12-15 wins. Add insult in that I can't remember the last time the team with the worst record got the #1 pick. Even if they did get it, I don't think this draft has a real savior in it.....MAYBE someone like Perry Jones makes it in a huge way....but I don't see a guy with Franchise Player written all over him (yet)

#58 emjohn, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  19. Steve_Francis_rules

The last time the team with the worst record got the #1 pick was in 2004 (Orlando).

20. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

On a side note, Sessions is playing pretty well again and Hickson is showing promise. They shouldve gotten Beasley out the deal. Beasley and Hickson wouldve at least been a start.