1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cleveland Breaks Longest Losing Streak Record

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Warning-Sign, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

This was just embarrassing.

[​IMG]

2. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Oh wow I never saw this game... the margin in points is :eek: poor cavs

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Parity never was a strong point in the NBA.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

How can LBJ both hold them over the barrel and say that he would retire a Cav at the same time? :confused:

Anyway the "Decision" notwithstanding, you can't really blame Lebron for leaving:
    1. He was doing 99% of the work (as seen in the Cavs record this year)
    2. The Cavs fans still accuse him of quitting even after he was doing 99% of the work
    3. Most of all, I think he just soured on the Cavs after the team kept the fact that Delonte was banging his mom from him. The Delonte story broke out just the game before he "mailed it in" LBJ style (basically 20, 6, and 6).

I think the Cavs deserved it for their incompetence, and for the way they reacted to Lebron leaving them. They had like 7-8 years to build a contender around Lebron. They failed, simple as that.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't feel sorry for the owner and the management. Their incompetence got themselves into this mess. I do feel sorry for their fans, and somewhat for the players.

6. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

They lost 40 games, last season, and played Brooks and Hayes.

This season, the Rockets have lost 28 games and are playing 4 former D-leaguers(Hayes, Brooks, Patterson, Ish). They should hit 34 losses by the end of the month.

They are better than most lottery teams.

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

I think he meant lose 34 out of 35 games.

8. BetterThanEver

That's much more clear. Thanks.

9. Bigmarky

Bigmarky Member

the ppl who run the cavs have massive bank $$ they could care less

the cavs themselves make massive bank and could care less

the only ones that care shouldn't and the ones that should care don't

10. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

11. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

A lot of injuries, losing Lebron. I would have liked to see what the Cavs could have done without the injuries but sans Lebron. Was Lebron that good that he carried that team like so many of us said. Can't really say how good or bad they are with key players like Mo and Andy out.

What's f**ked up is now no team wants to lose to them to end the streak and they play doubly hard so they don't get in the headlines as "Cavs defeat xxxx to end losing streak".

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

i think they were sucking before the injuries. they had a good start 7-9 (and even beat boston) b/c teams were taking them lightly, and they were motivated.

but since that national beatdown by the heat, they stink. that was the turning. even if they were healthy, at most, they would get 20 wins. now they might not get 12 or 13

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

When they were a 60 win team their fans were cocky as hell. Now they have to be humble with their team. Oh well. Sucks for Cleveland. I thank my mom and dad for making me in Houston.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Right, I've never been to an NBA game ever and don't consider myself dirt poor :rolleyes: If they have an arena and people pay a C-note to thousands for a ticket they are definitely not dirt poor.

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

They are dead last in both offensive efficiency (100.5) and defensive efficiency (112.7). Even the 12-70 Nets last year were at least 25th out of 30th in defense. The Cavs last year were 6th in offensive efficiency and 7th in defensive efficiency last year.

Has there ever been a team that was dead last in both offensive and defensive efficiency in history? Is this the worst plunge between two seasons ever?

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Did they make you early enough for you to enjoy the mid-90's Rockets success? If not, there is nothing to be thankful for.

Now if they made you in Boston, that would be different.

17. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

so you don't feel sorry about guys who have practiced hard all of their lives to make it to the biggest stage, only to be in a team deserted and backstabbed by a traitor? They may be making millions, but you don't feel sorry for the fact that theyre bustin their asses out their as a CAREER and they aren't winning, which may or may not affect how the rest of their career pans out?

bro u arent smart

18. delta69er

delta69er Member

I do feel bad for the fans, and with the way their GM came out after Lebron went to Miami, they just isolated themselves on an island that no marquee free agents would want to go.

Any free agent would think of Cleveland as a place where if they sign there and if they decide on a later date that another team is better for them, then the owner would come out with public backlash against them.

Poor economy, poor management, and poor ownership is currently bringing Cleveland back into the Basketball Dark Ages

19. Steve_Francis_rules

Is it a backstabbing, traitorous act every time a player finishes out his contract and leaves his team in free agency, or just when you don't like that player? :rolleyes:

20. BetterThanEver

Just because you attend a game, doesn't mean you are not dirt poor. My first Rockets game was in the lower level and cost over $100. My date got free tickets from the owner of her company, who had season passes. I was a few years removed from a homeless shelter and living paycheck to paycheck in an efficiency apartment that cost $300/month.

There are over 2 million people in Cleveland. Many of the suites and lower bowl tickets are sold to companies or rich people. They may be the most visible, because most fans can't afford tickets. The nosebleed section has $10 tickets, which is less than the same price of 2 McDonald Value meals.

Then, there are charity tickets for the empty seats. Sometimes, sports tickets given to charities or homeless shelters for long term "residents" to fill seats on a group trip with resident advisors, e.g. Covenant House.

It's like saying just because Cavaliers tickets cost $150, everybody in Cleveland lives in the rich part of town.

The median household income in Cleveland is $24k, which isn't much for a family. Most folks are basically living on food stamps with kids.

#40 BetterThanEver, Feb 7, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2011