1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clemens Says He "May" Boycott HOF Ceremony

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Manny Ramirez, Jun 15, 2003.

1. PhiSlammaJamma

Are the Astros the only team to own the Yankees? we may only be 1-2 against them, but ****, that one win was a no hitter. We own their ass right now.

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Let him wear whatever hat he chooses...Big deal.

3. Drewdog

Drewdog Member

Exactly....

Why should the HOF comitte decide what hat he wears?!?

Like RM95, I loved him as a kid but not so much anymore. He is an egomaniac as evidenced by his kids names which all start with a K.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Member

Its up to him whether he wants to show up or not. Nothing wrong with that. I see his point.

5. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Yes. He doesn't want to go in wearing a cap where the entire city hates him. That doesn't make much sense to you? Seriously, get your thinking cap on. That might help.

Don't you remember how he went to the Yanks?

You answered your own question on why the Astros dont.

6. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Check out what I said earlier:

The fact remains Rule, that the Rocket whether you, me, or anyone else likes it did more Hall of Fame things with Boston than he did with Toronto or the Yankees. Next thing you know we will be hearing Willie Mays wishing he was inducted as a Met or Hank Aaron wishing he could have been inducted as a Brewer.

Yes, I do remember:

Clemens signed with Toronto and won 41 games and two Cy Young Awards before forcing a trade that landed him in pinstripes in '99.

As I said before, Clemens understands this rivalry better than anyone and I can't believe that some of you are taking his side on this, ahem ROXRAN:(.

7. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

Maybe because ROXRAN understands where he is coming from. Clemens forcing the deal had a lot to do with the fact that Toronto was seemingly going nowhere.

Clemens has the right to say he doesn't want to go in as a Red Sox because all of the fans hate him.

8. Manny Ramirez

And apparently the Hall has the right to tell him otherwise.

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And he has a right to do this...

10. Manny Ramirez

But it looks like the HoF is not a democracy. Clemens, unless he changes his mind, will just have to his own little ceremony.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Uh, that's what I was referring to, his ability to boycott the ceremonies.

12. Manny Ramirez

And guess what, RM95? If he goes through this plan, then what everyone thinks about him will be true.

It is too bad that he can't learn some class from some of his teammates like Bernie Williams, Pettite, and Jeter.

So, I win in any case - Clemens shows up disgusted that he has a "B" on his cap or doesn't show up at all and is confirmed as being the big baby he really is.:)

13. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

What I can't fathom.......why is he a baby if he doesn't want to represent people that hate him?

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

Or maybe he'll accept that he's in the HoF as a RedSox player and no one will care otherwise. Does it bother you that much that he wants to wear the Yankees hat when inducted or that he made a ridiculous statement about having his own celebration?

15. Manny Ramirez

It should be his dream, like everyone else that has ever played MLB, to make the Hall someday. Not showing up like that not only disrespects the Hall and the game of baseball but also sends a message that complaining and whining about something that you have no control over (as of now, Clemens has no control over the Hall's decision) is a good thing to do. He should just accept their decision and be happy that he is going to be enshrined for eternity along the other greats of baseball like Cobb, Ruth, Williams, Mantle, Aaron, etc.

EDIT - Pimp, I just saw your post. If he accepts it, then I will take back every nasty thing I have ever said or thought about the man. However, I don't see it happening because Clemens is not a mature human being.

16. Band Geek Mobster

He's just posturing by doing this. If the Hall sees how passionate he is about entering as a Yankee, they'll probably let him go in as one. The only reason they make the decision is to prevent teams from buying HoF inductees in their final years in the league. This is obviously not the case for Clemens, so I will be very surprised if they don't respect his wishes and let him enter as a Yankee.

17. Smokey

Smokey Member

I don't like Clemens, but if I was him, I wouldn't want to enter the Hall as a Red Sox. Would he really boycott? I don't know. Perhaps he should have discussed this issue with the Hall instead of making it public.

18. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Member

Maybe his dream was to make the Hall as a Yankee.

19. Manny Ramirez

Blasphemer!!:D

He was actually drafted by the Mets out of high school, but didn't sign. I can't remember what the reason was.

20. NYKRule

NYKRule Member

He wanted to play for the Longhorns.

Obvious answer there.