1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clemens Autograph Jersey. How much is it worth?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals and Classifieds' started by Kam, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

So let's say I have an oppurtunity to purchase an autograph Roger Clemens World Series patched Jersey.

What's the value of that?

just for Fun, how much is a Vince Young UT autographed National Champions football thingie?

2. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

What kind of COA does it have? I assume it's not game used and without a COA, I'd say around $150 - but that's because I'm cheap.

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

I dont know how much it's worth, but get a certificate of authenticity. I know it's value will be a lot more with the C.O.A.

Usually when they have sports memorabilia shows, there are usually people there who can look at it and give you a COA (im not sure what it costs, but it's well worht it). My friend got a COA for an AROD baseball, and it's price went up by 160 on ebay

I think he went to a steinersports show/auction at reliant center...
    http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/authenticity

4. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

You just don't "get" a COA. They are worthless. Anyone can print out a piece of paper say an item is authentic. If the autograph is authenticated by Tri-Star, Steiner, Mounted Memories or PSA/DNA hologram, then you know you're getting the real deal. If it doesnt have a hologram on it from one of the listed companies, then you're taking a chance that it could be fake.

5. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

If it'a an authentic jersey with a Tri-Star hologram (Clemens official agent), then it's worth: http://www.tristarshows.com/merch/Baseball/Roger_Clemens.htm

6. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

yeah i was wrong. he said he had some hologram on his baseball. somehow that proved it was real, but he did just "GET" a COA when he had it examined by steiner at reliant center

#6 Nice Rollin, Oct 13, 2007
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  7. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I have a Vince Young Jersey with COA from PSA at the bar and it's selling for 899.00

8. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

trade you my autograph battier ball for it :p

9. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Not really on PSA. Plus, do some research on who the players have their contracts with to sign. That's your best bet. many players have their own personal holograms now, so that helps. The other companies you listed are as good as it gets. PSA is simply a bunch of guys who examine autograph's opinion and they have the lowest grade possible by the better business bureau.