1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classless Act by Houston

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TurtleBonzi, Jan 25, 2009.

1. sabesque

sabesque Member

Weird. I didn't see him get ejected out on your clip.

Coleman is the best player on our team. If my best player goes out like that, i would have gone up to him, shook hands and said were going to take care of it.

Again, you can't keep trying to read these kids' minds.

2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I agree with everything DreamRoxCoogFan stated. I'm a senior at UH and just got accepted to Baylor College of Medicine. Although I did a lot of studying on my own for the MCAT, you can't take anything away from UH's Science classes. College classes are not designed to prepare you for entrance exams to graduate schools, you still have to put in the extra time to prepare.

Btw, good luck DreamRoxCoogFan, do Shasta proud

3. sabesque

sabesque Member

And I would feel pretty incensed, and thrown off if i got ejected if I accidentally stepping on someone.

4. BranJ17

BranJ17 Member

If he did it on purpose, why did he nearly slip to the ground afterwords...if you deliberately step on someone i would think you would have better balance than to stumble and nearly bust it. also, if you deliberately stepped on someone wouldn't you immediately look at the guy expecting a fight? Aubrey regained his balance and continued to walk then Budinger and everyone was on his back. IMO the ejection was not warranted, it was speculation on the refs part that he did it on purpose, its not like he threw a punch or tried to kick him.

5. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

UH needs to do something to get their athletic programs to be competitive again. This was a step in the right direction. :D

6. chrispaul3

chrispaul3 Member

7. BoomShakalaka

BoomShakalaka Member

accidents happen, go coogs

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Watching it again I don't think Coleman intended to step on Budinger but he did intend to do what in my opinion was a pretty classless move by stepping over Budinger's head. He clearly saw Budinger lying infront of him and he wasn't stumbling forward when he started his step. He definately meant to send a message to Budinger but because he was making a threatening move and wasn't looking where he was placing his foot stepped on him. It was a classless and careless move on the part of Coleman and he deserved to be tossed.

Whether he deserved to be suspended that's another matter but Penders should make it very clear to him to never do something as stupid as deliberately stepping over an opposing player no matter how bad he thinks the call was.

9. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

If he had any decency he would have walked around the guy. But this is obviously not an accident. He was trying to make it look casual as he "walked over" the other man, so the uneven levels of head vs ground would always cause a "stumble."

And yes, welcome to the real world. If it were reversed it would be all over the media as racism. The irony of it all is that this incident is probably just as racist. If Budinger were black, it would be dubious that Coleman would step on him.

10. FFz

FFz Member

is he related to jermain o'neal?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cT2bH--_iUc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cT2bH--_iUc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

11. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I agree with this completely. The ejection was obvious once he stepped on his head. There is no way Coleman could be allowed to continue playing.

I think he deserves a suspension also but Penders won't do it.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

As an Arizona grad, it was really hard to read that first sentence.

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

ARE YOU *****TING ME?!?!?!

You have lost all of the credibility you may have had. Anyone and I mean ANYONE who watches the Cougars for a game or even a half knows that Coleman is not the best player on the team. Is he important? Absolutely, he is a starter, but he is in no way the best player. Kelvin Lewis is the best player on this team, hands down. To be fair, we lost the game partially because of Lewis - he wasn't able to hit his free throws to ice the game.

14. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

I do not care. He's an athlete. His job is to be aware of what's around him. It might be in his character to say something like that, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that it was classless no matter what he says and does afterward.

This is not good for UH athletics.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXG74PFs4N8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PXG74PFs4N8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
    To Dave Maggard, Tom Penders, and anyone connected with UH athletics: You want to know why students don't go to games? Stop this crap. Suspend Aubrey Coleman. Show us, the student body, that this is not the norm for University of Houston athletics.
    Otherwise, you will lose at least one more alumni who would've come to games. Despicable.

#54 blathersby, Jan 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  15. DreamRoxCoogFan

Congrats on Baylor! (Hispanic? ;) jk jk) Thats a really hard school to get into, I'm sure you busted you butt for the past 4 years.

And thanks! Appreciate it. I'm actually taking the MCAT on Friday :eek: :eek: And yes, I didn't bank only on school stuff to prepare me, I studied A LOT on the side for the MCAT. Like shastarocket said, school won't directly prepare you for the MCAT, you have to go over and review a lot of material- it helps if you had a good teacher for those classes (thats the case for all universities, you can't just solely depend on school to do well). I didn't really have a winter break, I was in the Library literally every weekday studying :( Hopefully it will pay off soon.

16. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

this makes UH look like Dallas Carter, a classless and dirty team from Friday Night Lights. despicable.

17. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

Go Cats!

Boo Coleman.

Boo UH

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

so you watch FNL, but you can't spare time for your own university? Get to know the school, man. Take a friend and go to a game.

19. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

I think homeboy was trying to step over Budinger ala Allen Iverson in the 2001 NBA Finals but accidentally stepped on Budigner's face

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/grXws5m11SA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/grXws5m11SA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

not that i condone his actions or anything or the idiot who gave him props for leaving a sneaker print on Budigner's face. He obviously stepped on him pretty hard by the way Budigner's head snapped back and hit the floor.

20. sabesque

sabesque Member

They are pretty close actually, and yes, Kelvin has been our best player lately, while Aubrey has been more up and down. It's definitely arguable. Look at their numbers across the board.

So, let's include Aubrey and Kelvin as the TWO team leaders. I'll still make my same point. If one of my TWO team leaders gets ejected, im going to go over to him, shake his hand and say we're going to make it happen for you.