1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classless Act by Houston

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by TurtleBonzi, Jan 25, 2009.

1. DreamRoxCoogFan

you should have more school pride. No disrespect, but students like yourself, who only pass judgments on UH teams when they are either up (a la bandwagoners for football conference champs in 06) or down (like last night) really hurt this school. Get over yourself and support this school, no matter what. While what happened last night was despicable, I'm certainly still proud of being a Cougar, and I always will be. Go to some games, watch them on TV, have some school spirit- who knows, you might even have a little more fun.

(this is coming from a premed student, so yes, school work is a huge priority for me, but I still make time)

2. HombreDeHierro

how do you compare the science classes at UH compared, to lets say UT?

do you think you'll be well prepared for med school and taking your MCAT?

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yeah it reminds me of the Duke/Maryland game where Maryland was up by 10 with 1 minute left but Duke ended up winning in OT.

But on this subject, I don't think you can flat out say he did it on purpose because like someone said he didn't look down when he did it. I mean he could of still did it on purpose but we will never know if he doesn't admit he did. Either way it probably isn't a good idea to try to step over someone laying on the ground anyway especially while you're not looking at them.

4. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

That's r****ded. You say that punk Coleman saw Budinger right before he stepped on his face but since he wasn't looking at him while he did it, it's unintentional? Do you know how ridiculous that sounds?

Just accept that your idol Aubrey Coleman pulled a dick move and he should be adequately dealt with as soon as possible. It was a dirty, classless, and disrespectful move, and people should see that the NCAA will not tolerate such behavior.

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

What a joke UH is, Thug U minus the winning.

The UH football team has always been full of punks because UH gets many of the good athletes that don't get into UT because of grades or character issues.

Disclaimer I went to UH so I am bashing my own.

Now the UH basketball program since Penders came on has been pretty clean but this is a joke and then to see players high five after is enough reason for me not to support them until it is cleaned up.

6. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

dont worry he'll get life stepping on his face pretty soon when his UH career is over and he isn't in the NBA but rather doing pharmaceutical sales making 20K a year and no longer getting hot girls bc he's not a star anymore. Budinger on the other side of things will be a first rounder living it up.

7. zantabak1111

zantabak1111 Member

8. chrispaul3

chrispaul3 Member

He stepped onto Chase's face. I agree, if it was an accident, at least be upfront about it, admit it and apologize.

Without at least an apology, people will assume this was intentional.

And even if it was an accident, all this could have been prevented if he went the other way and didn't try to be Allen Iverson.

9. DreamRoxCoogFan

While I obviously can't directly compare the classes since I go to UH, I am very confident that the science classes are highly undervalued. Honestly, overall, the College of Natural Science and Mathematics is excellent.

The chemistry program is second to none (the stats back that up- its one of the tops in the nation). They push you hard in organic chemistry- its one of the few schools in the nation that has a 6 hour orgo lab (sucks hard but you learn a lot)

The bio classes teach you well (I just took human physiology, and its really helped me study for the MCAT).

I guess the weakness would be physics comparatively, but I just finished taking Physics 1 and am in 2 right now, and I feel adequately prepped for physics portion of mcat (even without having completed Physics 2)

As for the MCAT- like I said earlier, the classes have done an excellent job prepping me (especially Human phys- I would highly recommend taking that as you are getting ready to take the MCAT). I feel pretty good about the test prep- im about to take it soon.

And as far as med school goes- I guess if I feel okay about the MCAT then I feel I can handle the classes.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Coleman shortened his stride to land on Buddinger's face; he didn't even step over him....

11. TracywtFacy

TracywtFacy Member

lol, that was intentional. Dude was pissed about the call, plain and simple.

12. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

That was especially sickening to watch that as a UofA basketball fan.
    It was great to see Lute Olson stick up for his former blue chip recruit.

Chase also has "evidence" of that foul action:

[​IMG]

13. sabesque

sabesque Member

For those of you saying that he needs to apologize:

I'm assuming that most of the people making comments are just eating what ESPN served up to them. For those who have seen this kid play, or have followed him at all, for him to say "I love this game too much to do something like that intentionally" is totally believable and totally in his character.

You can't assume intent from what you see on a YouTube clip. It was unfortunate, he apologized. Let's move on.

Go Aubrey Coleman. Go Coogs.

14. Ngadban

Ngadban Member

Whats up Kev, finally found you on here

15. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

I don't give a ****. He stepped on Chase's face and didn't care to look down after he did. Whether it was intentional or not he certainly didn't convince anyone that it wasn't intentional on his part (ie high fiving his teammates and smiling).

That was a classless move whether it was intentional or not. Looking back to alteast ACKNOWLEDGE what just happened. In my mind he knew what he did but did not care about what he just did.

And FYI, I did not even watch ESPN that night but rather saw it on youtube.

Even Lute Olson was pissed off.

(Boy this is ironic-I'm getting pissed off at the University of HOUSTON)

16. UTKaluman597

UTKaluman597 Contributing Member

probably was intentional but for those people who are hoping that Coleman fails in life lmao. Get off your high horse and get a life.

17. sabesque

sabesque Member

You were watching the YouTube clip of the ESPN coverage. It's 6 vs 1/2 dz.

Listen, I'm not debating how he should have handled the situation. From the get-go, he shouldn't have tried to walk over the guy on the ground. We can go from there.

My problem is with the people who claim to know his intent. No one on here knows his intent. No one knows how his strides are or should be in that situation, and no one knows what he was thinking after the fact, while he's in the middle of the biggest game of his season so far.

We do know now, however, that he has apologized "from the bottom of [his] heart" and that he says he didn't intend to step on Chase. He has also reached out to Chase to apologize directly.

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

Gold star for posting that, but who on here is debating that he got stood on?

19. henGoOink

henGoOink Member

oh wow pretty stupid.. :eek:

20. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

LOL I wasn't referring to the ESPN clip. I'm talking about the real game footage:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAkNDB7qG84&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wAkNDB7qG84&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

You can see how his body language was after he stepped on C-Bud's face and in fact smile and high fived his teammates before getting ejected.