1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classic Comedy Movie: Blazing Saddles gets HBO Max 'racist language' warning

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Aug 14, 2020.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. tinman

Supporting Member

@Os Trigonum @Ziggy

Dr HBO,

I live in 2020 and have a 4K OLED.
    It's not 1993 where people have RCA TVs
    Fix this technical issues cause I didn't pay to have a 3 minute intro for morons for old ass films
    because there's some imaginary people that might be offended

Even Disney has 4K HDR, you dumb idiots

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-cant-...olby-vision-when-netflix-and-disney-plus-can/

If you have a newer TV that supports 4K resolution and high dynamic range, you probably want to maximize its potential. The easiest way is to stream actual 4K HDR video from an app like Netflix, Disney Plus, Amazon Prime, Vudu or Apple TV. Any of those sources can give you gorgeous, punchy images that make your fancy TV shine. Sure Netflix charges $15.99 a month for the privilege -- $3 more than the non-4K plan -- but with its vast collection of 4K, HDR and Dolby Vision content, video nerds like me gladly pay up. The same goes for people who own nice audio systems that support Dolby Atmos surround sound.

HBO Max, the new service that launched last month at $14.99 a month, doesn't offer any 4K HDR or Atmos content at all, and I think that's a big missed opportunity. Executives at HBO Max acknowledge it's a shortfall: 4K HDR is "a super-high priority," said Andy Forssell, the product chief of HBO Max, in an interview on the day it launched. He said the decision was a matter of prioritizing certain features over others during the development process. "Just know it's a tough calculus. In the end we've got to make the right calls, and I think we made the right calls for launch."

Ziggy and RayRay10 like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[/user]

B-Bob, RayRay10, tinman and 1 other person like this.
  4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lack of 4k and better sound is another issue.

RayRay10 likes this.
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

Like five minute intro right ?

RayRay10 likes this.
  6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Same issue.

HBO Execs woke against kkkk.

That’s a cancelin.

RayRay10, FranchiseBlade and tinman like this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

99'ers need 4K & Dolby Atmos support.

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep.. As I said in another thread this society has a lack of perspective which is why HBO, NBA and a lot of companies are CYA.

This clip pretty much sums up why we need this stuff.

All of that said this doesn't bother me so much because there is a good chance some moron could find Blazing Saddles listed as a Western, watch it without knowing what it was and get all offended. Next thing there is a campaign to cancel Blazing Saddles and HBO and other outlets cave in because of CYA. Best just to give fair warning..

dmoneybangbang and RayRay10 like this.
  9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i can't remember which channel it was, but years ago I stumbled across Blazing Saddles so I obviously have to check in on which scene it was. Lucky me! It was the start of the camp fire scene! Then silence. Men bending over to hike a leg in the air...silence. They cut out the fart noises!

Also, not too long ago i saw a pre-movie warning of "smoking".

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard an interview with Burton Gilliam (who played the henchman Lyle) where he talked about how on TV and even some theatre broadcast they cut out the fart noises. He said he thought it was hilarious as it looked like they were doing some odd performance art piece as you couldn't tell exactly what it was and if there was something very significant about the expressions and motions of the cowboys.

Also interesting to note that during the 70's fart noises were considered more offensive than the N-word.

Invisible Fan and RayRay10 like this.
  11. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I cannot believe y'all got me searching, in vain mind you, for that Blazing Saddles camp scene with fart noises removed.

RayRay10 and Os Trigonum like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

lol

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. B-Bob

Granted, it's a difficult search to phrase properly, and then one is inundated by all sorts of farting clips.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

#firstworldproblems

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. B-Bob

Who said this was a problem? :D

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

clearly the insufficiency of the search engine is a problem. pretty sure the Chinese could get this done right the first time. Either them or Elon Musk. amirite @tinman ?

tinman and RayRay10 like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Eproctophilia Explained
    At first, he didn't want to admit he was into farting, but eventually he decided to experiment. He set up a bet and intentionally lost, with the wager being the right to fart in the loser's face for a week. He continued to lose such bets once every few weeks over a period of two years. His sexual attraction to flatulence grew in young adulthood. He told me:

“I have had my face farted on by both men and women, at point blank range. I like the sound and the smell. The ‘worse’ the better. In terms of sound, I prefer a deep bubbling sound. In terms of smell, I like acrid sulphur. I prefer the farter to be clothed. I don't particularly like seeing the anus open. It's not revolting to me, I just prefer fabric for three reasons. Firstly, the sound tends to be better with fabric, particularly jeans or nylons. Second, the smell lingers in cloth, whereas in the nude it is a relatively quick blast of smell. Third, I like the look of butt cheeks better when they are defined by fabric.”​

RayRay10 and tinman like this.
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Screw these lesser fans and their clearance rack insignia TVs

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. B-Bob

Given my recent search history, I am going to skip clicking on that link. :oops: I can already imagine my upcoming ads.
    "but I said without. WITHOUT the noise!"

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

Elon should rule the world
    And establish artificial intelligent police

name this part of the company ‘skynet’

RayRay10 likes this.