1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Classic "Bushisms"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by us_marine007, Feb 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

Lets see what you guys have heard... ill start it off..

"I believe human beings and fish can co-exist"

"Your working hard to put food on your family"

"Blacks are gagging on the donkey, but not yet ready to swallow the elephant"

"I believe we did the right thing in Iraqistan"

"Bring it on"

lolz @ our president...

2. Butterfingers

Butterfingers Contributing Member

did he really say the iraqistan one?????? LOL

3. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

4. prs325

prs325 Member

Strategery ;)

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This is an awesome word. cannot fault him for this one.

6. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

"Gynecologists are unable to practice their love..."

Even I gagged a little when I heard that.

7. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times."

8. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Especially since I'm pretty sure that one is from Will Ferrell impersonating Bush.

Oh, well. Off the top of my head.

"There's an old saying that goes fool me once, shame on you. . . . . . . . . . a fool can't get fooled again."

9. us_marine007

us_marine007 Member

HAHAHAHA i remember that... LOL

10. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

"nukular"

Though he plagiarized at least 3 other presidents on that one.

11. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I think it was more like "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...and....and we won't get fooled again."

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000

"You know, sometimes when you study history, you get stuck in the past." —George W. Bush, on what he told Russian president Vladimir Putin, as quoted in the Wall Street Journal, June 25, 2001

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." —George W. Bush, at a news conference in Europe, June 14, 2001 (Listen to audio clip)

"It's important for young men and women who look at the Nebraska champs to understand that quality of life is more than just blocking shots." —George W. Bush, in remarks to the University of Nebraska women's volleyball team, the 2001 national champions, May 31, 2001

Haven't we already given money to rich people? Why are we going to do it again?" —George W. Bush, to economic advisers discussing a second round of tax cuts, as quoted by Paul O'Neil, Washington, D.C., Nov. 26, 2002

"In other words, he was given an option: Are you with us or are you not with us? And he made a clear decision to be with us, and he's acted on that advice."

"I heard somebody say, 'Where's (Nelson) Mandela?' Well, Mandela's dead. Because Saddam killed all the Mandelas." --George W. Bush, on the former South African president, who is still very much alive, Washington, D.C., Sept. 20, 2007

"We're kicking ass." --George W. Bush, on the security situation in Iraq, to Australian Deputy Prime Minister Mark Vaile, Sydney, Australia, Sept. 5, 2007

If you don't stand for anything, you don't stand for anything! If you don't stand for something, you don't stand for anything!" --George W. Bush, Bellevue Community College, Nov. 2, 2000

They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." --George W. Bush, Nov. 2, 2000

That's a chapter, the last chapter of the 20th, 20th, the 21st century that most of us would rather forget. The last chapter of the 20th century. This is the first chapter of the 21st century. " --George W. Bush, on the Monica Lewinsky scandal, Arlington Heights, Ill., Oct. 24, 2000

Bill wrote a book at Yale. I read one." --George W. Bush, on William F. Buckley, Al Smith Dinner, New York City, Oct. 19, 2000

America better beware of a candidate who is willing to stretch reality in order to win points." --George W. Bush, aboard his campaign plane, Sept. 18, 2000

"Listen, Al Gore is a very tough opponent. He is the incumbent. He represents the incumbency. And a challenger is somebody who generally comes from the pack and wins, if you're going to win. And that's where I'm coming from." --George W. Bush, Detroit, Sept. 7, 2000

Border relations between Canada and Mexico have never been better." —George W. Bush, in a press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien. Sept. 24, 2001

Arbolist … Look up the word. I don't know, maybe I made it up. Anyway, it's an arbo-tree-ist, somebody who knows about trees." —George W. Bush, as quoted in USA Today, Aug. 21, 2001

I firmly believe the death tax is good for people from all walks of life all throughout our society." —George W. Bush, Waco, Texas, Aug. 13, 2002

"I love the idea of a school in which people come to get educated and stay in the state in which they're educated." —George W. Bush, Milwaukee, Wis., Aug. 14, 2002

13. adoo

adoo Member

i think it's "Gynecologists are unable to practice their love on women...

another one i remember goes like this " many hundreds years ago, when Magellan circumcized the world " :D

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

That was Saturday Night Live.

"War is a dangerous place to be."

"Is our children learning?"

15. rodrick_98

rodrick_98 Contributing Member

"You work three jobs? Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that"

that one always pissed me off.

16. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Iraqistan is just the foreign relations version of Bennifer. ;)

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Sadly, the joke is on us because we voted for this guy to be in the office for not one but two consecutive terms!

18. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Is that real? That's outrageous.

19. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I voted against him twice.

20. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

This one is my favorite. He's such a funny guy.