1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clarence Weatherspoon....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Baqui99, Feb 23, 2005.

1. BrockStapper

BrockStapper Contributing Member

I still smile introspectively when I think back to the first time he put on the Rocket's uniform...

all those kids watching... their smiling faces... the way they yelled "HEY KOOLAID!".

2. baller4life315

Get off the poor guy's back already. At least he hustles and actually TRIES to play defense and to rebound. Unlike the real POSC a.k.a. Mo Taylor.

3. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Member

spoon haters suck.

the man plays hard, fought duncan in the post for position, and rebounds the ball. he got his phat contract, and i can't fault a man for making his money.

and yes he did have some serious skills back in the day...averaging like 18 and 10 in '94.

4. lhphpl

lhphpl Member

Spoon is a good player who deserves more than this thread.

5. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

it may have been just two isolated incidences, but tonight against duncan and the other night against KG (this was a while back) i was incredibly impressed with how well weatherspoon defended them. He may not be fast, or tall, or strong for that matter, but damn, hes heavy and hard to move. oh yeah and something about he works hard when hes out there. very professional.

6. arno_ed

arno_ed Member

look at his stats when he played with Philly. Weatherspoon has been a pretty good player, and for his size a very good rebounder. and he works very hard.

and Baqui99 if you want to bash him atleast say something usefull. This thread is a joke

7. BigM

BigM Member

wow any kind of losing and every player gets attacked. what could possible be anyones problem with spoon? he plays his role well and even hit that huge shot down the stretch against the lakers i think it was. he's too short to be a real good pf but he plays hard. he definitely shouldn't be blasted.

8. zhao1109

zhao1109 Member

I don't understand you guys. spoon did good job, he did all dirty jobs for Yao. he is solid defender

9. Relativist

Relativist Member

I'd give up Spoon and a future first-rounder for Kurt Thomas. Then our roster would be set.

10. krosfyah

krosfyah Member

Spoon in 100x better than Moochie. Nuff said.

11. tmac

tmac Member

Spoon's not as bad as some people here have said. He has been an uncomplaining teammate and a professional despite not getting much PT. It's not his fault he's overpaid.

12. daoshi

daoshi Member

Spoon is okay until you know his contract. But then we have Howard & Talor's contracts, so I guess it's a Rockets culture thing?

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

If Spoon = No Moochie, then Spoon must therefor = Awesome.

14. solid

solid Member

That was an ugly shot last night, but, overall, I kind of like him. He can rebound and he can clear out space. He has a sweet little close in jumper. He may be a bit tubby, but he is our tubby. Also, I like him in the enforcer role. He put somebody in the cheap seats last night. Also, did you see one of the Spurs "duck low" when Mutombo starting swinging his elbows. The word is out.

15. sums41

sums41 Member

is richer and more succesful than most of us.

16. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

Haha. Spoon <> No Moochie. We now have Moochie AND Spoon. :D

Seriously, I don't understand the hate on the guy when he never gets any PT.

17. nyquil82

nyquil82 Member

my deepest apologies for jinxing everything by mentioning He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named. By mentioning You-Know-Who, I brought him back.

18. swilkins

swilkins Member

Come on. How do you really feel?