1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CJ Miles?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownbball, May 4, 2008.

1. htownbball

htownbball Member

He's a free agent after the jazz get knocked out. He's just 21 and he improved alot this year even though he still didn't get many minutes. He wont cost much, and he can take Gerald Green's place as our SG who we can develop to hopefully take over when TMac hangs em up. Signing such a young player who still has upside would be like an extra draft pick. Kid's a good athlete, shot 39% 3pt, and he's from Texas. We do need a guard/forward to back up TMac and Battier, and we need size at those positions. Why not sign an inexpensive option who could pay off down the road?

2. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

I love it. :)

3. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

This guy shot two air balls during garbage time of the last series. I'd really like his teammate Morris Almond though.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would rather have Morris Almond.....but honestly neither CJ nor Morris is really the type of player we need, we need an athletic, slashing, creating player to compliment our team.

Gerald Green with a brain.

DD

5. htownbball

htownbball Member

athletic, slashing, creating players dont grow on trees. remember, this kid is 21 and has only averaged 10 minutes a game over his career. he's really flashed potential when given a chance. he made less than $1m last season. he's worth a shot IMO.

6. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

I'd sooner see us going after Pietrus. He should be in our price range, I'd hope.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I think this is the guy that Jerry Sloan made this funny quote on a while back:

I've see the guy play, I don't see potential in him, but if he comes cheap then maybe he can replace the Kirk Snyder role.

8. htownbball

htownbball Member

Turns out Miles is only a restricted free agent. I was under the impression that he was unrestricted. Not that Utah needs him anyways with Brewer, Korver, and AK47

9. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

and also I think the Rockets wanted him in the draft but the Jazz, being 1 pick ahead of us, chose him.

Makes me hate the Jazz even more.(if its still possible to hate them more than I already am) :mad:

10. Ashes

Ashes Member

I'm sure many teams need/want that type of player.

Sounds like T-Mac. Just less athleticism and slashing now.

11. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I don't know if you've seen CJ play alot or not but that is exactly what he is. He just isn't all that good. If he's cheap you take him, if not pass, just like GG. Almond is alot less atheletic and alot less of a slasher but he can definitely shoot better and is very smart for a rookie.

12. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What's the Kirk Snyder role? 15th man on the bench? I'd like to think that we'd spend money on something a bit more useful.