1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cisco is back?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Aug 12, 2014.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Clutch should be pissed. His sources played him.

2. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Last I heard, he was our hardest worker during the offseason so not sure.

3. NotChandlerParsons

Hmm...not sure I can trust Garcia, I think I'll wait for a cryptic tweet from a Clutchfans insider before I believe it.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

You're right, he is unrestricted. Doubt he's back.

And that list of players had 17 guys on it. They can only take a max of 15 (into the regular season).

1 person likes this.
  5. Rajjettheking

Rajjettheking Member

Welcome back Cisco.

6. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

*pulls Garcia gear from back of drawer*

(Again.)

7. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Because nothing is official. They're getting the contract details worked out

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

I'm not pissed at all. Maybe they are/were still negotiating, but I was told pretty clearly it wasn't true at that time and I don't think there is anything to gain by misleading me on something small like this. Garcia definitely is certain he'll be back with the Rockets in that video though, which isn't a huge surprise since he did do them a favor by opting out of his deal.

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i hope its for a veteran guy and if parsons is on fire and we need someone to take him out.

10. NewAge

NewAge Member

Hmmm, Interesting...
    That makes it 15 guaranteed contracts; there will be two tricky decisions before season starts.

1. I think people here are quick to write-off Covington. Terrible in Summer League, but a top D-League player last year. Which one carries more weight? The Rox will give him a chance to prove himself in training camp/preseason.
    2. Alonzo Gee's contract, I believe has a guarantee date of jan 15th, which makes it an appealing asset for trades to a team that wants to cut payroll.

If Cov beats out somebody for a spot, and if Morey want to keep Gee for cap flexibility, they will have to eat two guaranteed contracts...

(All assuming no trades)

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

No guarantee date per Sham.

12. queazie

queazie Member

I like FC. He has guts and he gets in Durant's face. Love it.

13. cincymmb

cincymmb Member

For better or worse....Jeff Adrian is our best bench player right now. Long term D-Mo does suck and the Rockets know it as he did not play one minute in the playoffs even when LA was torching every other PF on the team. Rockets have spent most of their leverage that was available for trades, so we are left with the squad we have....for better or worse.

14. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

Great Find! Thx

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Well, that's it. I'm done with Clutchfans.

Last second playoff losses and fierce D&D debates are one thing, but I draw the line on conflicting information about a Francisco Garcia signing.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you sure it wasn't Battier? I seem to remember that Kwame is his biggest fan!

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Cue that thong, thong, thong...

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

The guarantee isn't a massive thing for a minimum contract. Rockets could easily cut a minimum guy like Ish Smith. What's the harm? It's just a small amount of payroll. It might be worth it to have Ish around in case Johnson can't transition to play PG for this season - handy insurance plan, and if it only costs the minimum, why not1

19. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

All contracts become fully guaranteed for that season on or about January 10.

20. Chamillionaire

He doesn't of anything well. He's a below average defender and doesn't shoot very well either. Don't understand this signing. Again.