1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Circuit City files for bankruptcy protection

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Nero

Nero Member

That's just about the time I left, right before Christmas - I couldn't take another holiday season of working 13 hour days.. just couldn't take it

The guy who was manager then was some rat-faced dude named Steve, who was (allegedly) boinking one of the little hotties working the registers ;)

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That is a pretty weird experience. I've never had a problem like that before shopping at Circuit City...and I've bought quite a few items from them in the past. I bought my A/V receiver at one because they actually had a better selection than Best Buy. Granted, it may just be the brand I was focused on having a better selection there. But, what you went through seems more like an anomaly. I've gone to Best Buy a few times and had their sales people on the floor completely abandon me after "going to check" on some merchandise. Then, I see them later acting like everything is cool when they have completely forgotten about me.

So, sh_t happens at both retailers. I personally hate the Best Buy machine and I need Circuit City around to counterbalance those r-tards. If we get a monopoly in the retail industry around Best Buy, then heaven help us all.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I remember steve, he interviewed me. the manager who was fired after you left was the ops manager if you remember, probably not that was sometime ago now. it was only one little hottie working behind the register so I probably know who you're talking about.

small world

4. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Agreed, all big box electronics retailers suck. That's what's crazy about Best Buy. You go in there and it's as if they have nobody there to sell you the stuff. You literally have to find an employee and and tell them that you'd like to buy something. Fry's is average, but I hate the way their checkout lines work, and I don't like having to show my receipt for a $10 memory card on the way out.

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Then don't. It's not that hard.

6. Asian Sensation

It already is that way. The good guys are no more, Compsa I think is struggling mightily and always going through changes, Circuit City seems to be in sink or swim mode.. closer to sinking. Best Buy is growing by the day.

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

So when is the huge CircuitCity going out of business sale?

8. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

there's nothign to worry about

the internet is winning

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Fixed that for you, since this is the likelier scenario.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

just announced on cnbc that circuit city will be liquidating.

11. Saado

Saado Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvjPrpvr67E&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fvjPrpvr67E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Cho Stoppa will sure be pleased.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

So they're finished?

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yup...35,000 employees out of jobs after the liquidating is done.

14. Lil Pun

Well, I guess that means one more store in our mall is closing. It just opened in 2006 and has already lost 2 of its junior anchors in Circuit City and Steve & Barry's.

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Malls are gonna get killed in 2009. Losing anchors kills you. It will sell cheap and someone else will make money on it later.

16. Lil Pun

What will sell cheap?

17. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I hope this means a buying opportunity for a new tv.

18. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

the mall in your town. just my best guess.

19. Lil Pun

Oh, well it's relatively new and the firm that owns it has a pretty strong foothold on real estate around here. In fact, their in the process of tearing down our old mall and rebuilding a new shopping center. Can't imagine what is going to be there though.

20. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I can only imagine the herds of people that will be going in to CC once they start the liquidation mark-downs. I'm sure they're probably going to stop ordering big-ticket items like TV's and computers ASAP, so you better be there the first day it starts since they don't keep many of any one product in the store.

I went in the one in Pearland Tuesday night to take back a tom-tom traffic receiver, and it was a ghost town. Granted, it was a Tuesday night, but there were maybe three or four other cars in the parking lot.