1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Peter Berg’s ‘Lone Survivor’

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jul 31, 2013.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This is Berg's follow up to the critically acclaimed and financially successful 'Battleship'. The wonderful people at Comcast/Universal feel this is their ticket to the Oscars thus releasing it during awards season.

Mark Wahlberg, Emile Hirsch, Ben Foster & Jerry Ferrara all struggle to hit 5'7" on a good day, making them ideal for portraying decorated Navy Seals. Instant classic.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/BMFLzf-DXXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

the book is excellent, written by the Lone Survivor or that mission Marcus Luttrell

his fellow SEAL Mike Murphy won the Medal of Honor for what the film is about

spoilers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/irC4K7Q4JCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I saw Lutrell speak at a corporate conference last year.
    Certainly a no-nonsense with a horrible but incredible story.

5. davo

davo Contributing Member

Incredible story, I loved the book and will look forward to the movie. I am just about to finish reading "American Sniper" by Chris Kyle, also about Navy Seals - another incredible story and also, I believe being made into a movie.

6. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

That's a Spielberg & Bradley Cooper picture.

I'll see if half price book store has a copy, the reviews on it are good. But that's as far as I'm gonna go with this. I can suspend my disbelief for things like giant robots fighting inter dimensional giant monsters, alien humanoid who has godlike powers on earth and fly's around in a red cape or cheetah fast zombies laying waste to humanity. But I draw the line at Hollywood casting a 5'5" mediocre actor/convicted felon in the role of a 6'5" heroic Navy Seal. Plus, i hate Comcast... and Taylor Kitsch.

7. StupidMoniker

StupidMoniker I lost a bet

Eric Bana in a movie about elite American troops. That was pretty awesome last time it happened.

8. TheresTheDagger

If the movie is half as good as the book, it will be an instant classic.

Lone Survivor may be the best book I have ever read. Highly recommended.

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Battleship was critically acclaimed? lolwut

10. ILoveWhiteGirls

Well then, don't create a thread about it or watch the movie? It's really that simple.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Gave me a Act of Valor vibe, but with much more potential. Will definitely have to check out the book before this comes out in December.

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

60 Minutes segment tonight that covers the events this film is based on

<embed src="http://www.cbsnews.com/common/video/cbsnews_player.swf" scale="noscale" salign="lt" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" background="#000000" width="425" height="279" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="type=embed&si=254&pid=JLS7baW0IRaM&url=http://www.cbsnews.com/videos/survivor-part-one />

13. jdh008

jdh008 Member

Luttrell is also a proud SHSU alum.

14. Aceshigh7

Aceshigh7 Contributing Member

15. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

not good. do not see