1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Michael Keaton in Alejandro González Iñárritu's 'Birdman'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Poor casting. Would have been a perfect Nicolas Cage vehicle.

[​IMG]

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

"Don't go chasing waterfalls, Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you're used to . . " - Captain Gene

Rocket River

3. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Anyone seeing it this weekend? Playing at Sundance & Edwards Weslyan. Getting all sorts of Oscar/Award Season buzz. Especially for Mr Mom.

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Seeing it tonight. Can't wait. The reviews have been superb.

5. VanityHalfBlack

This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Seriously, the way it is shot, it's like this swooping dolly one take just gliding into various scenes without any editing. It's almost as if you are behind the scene of an actual Broadway play production. Edward Norton had me LOL like a Mofo!! Holy ****, Norton and Jake Glyylenhal are locked for some awards this season, book it. The writing is strong with this one. Best film of the year, obviously and easily one of my favorite films ever. Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu who was labeled as one of the three amigos alongside Del Toro and Cuaron is clearly the better of the three so far in their respective careers. What a magnificent film, the original Cape Crusader is back!!!

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

It's Iñárritu, man. :eek:
    Fixed. :cool:

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Norton will finally get his Oscar. Incredible performance, may go down as the biggest douchebag in film history. Although, knowing Norton's history as a pain in the ass actor I wonder how much he was playing himself.

Emma Stone can act. Like she can legit act. Far superior than that Dorito Kentucky redneck with an Oscar. She deserves better than that ****ty Spider Man franchise... and a more Alpha boyfriend. Give her all the awards.

Good film very self conscious though. Not the best but in the top ten.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. what

what Member

This looks like a reboot of the Wrestler with Mickey Rourke. Also, I am 99.9 percent sure that the title refers to Keaton as Batman. So the movie is a play on his real life and semi-autobiographical. Also it looks like it has nobs to Black Swan.

Anyway, like somebody else said, getting michael keaton is a movie and coming up with this **** is a travesty.

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Best film I've seen this year. Hilarious, awesome critique on everyone in the film/theatre industry.

11. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Best film I've watched so far, and serious contender for best picture IMO. Keaton, Norton and yes Emma Stone, should get nominated. I also will make a bold prediction that a Mexican director and cinematographer will win back to back Oscars. What Lubezki was able to achieve visually in this film, was just pure poetry, or better yet... Jazz.

12. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

As usual, you have pretty much the worst take on everything.

This was a very good movie. The acting was great and I thought the soundtrack really helped set the mood. I think it's my favorite film to come out this year.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Saw it over the weekend. Easily one of the best movies of the year, if not the best. The only other contender is Boyhood at this point.

14. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Really cool movie. The way it was filmed (almost all one continuous shot) was really cool to watch. Imagine if something messed up and having to go all the way back to the beginning to do it all over again? I think one of the actors made a slight mess up in the film and they just kept on going probably so they didn't have to shoot it all over again.

Crazy stuff.

The acting, was great. It was really a well done picture.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Y'all are hyping me up. I'm gonna try and see it this week. The best movie of the year so far for me has been Frank but it sounds like this might be up there.