1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Martin Scorsese & Leonardo DiCaprio's 'The Wolf of Wall Street'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Xcellerator

Xcellerator Member

Just saw it this morning. Awesome movie! Definitely did not feel like a 3 hour movie. Now to see American Hustle.

2. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

Margot Robbie is.... rather hot.

3. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

9.5/10 Would hit again.

Leo for best actor.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I wonder how good Leo would have been as a salesman. The real life Jordan is a pretty slick sales man too.

5. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

7/10
    Could have been much better.

6. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

care to elaborate?

7. plcmts17

plcmts17 Member

I've seen American Hustle and The Wolf of Wall Street and the BIG difference for me in the two films is in the pressure and tension between the hustlers/con men and the feds.

There was little to nothing of it in the Wolf. I think the film did a very good job in the beginning explaining the business they were in. Everything after that seemed like a Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous on coke and quaaludes.

8. bigben69

bigben69 Member

So....why is that bad???

9. got em COACH

got em COACH Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5gp1envfxCo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

It's probably more accurate to say bank robbers/thieves are evil.

I know your agenda but you'd have a point if the movie was trying to paint honest stock brokers as being evil.

11. DreamRoxCoogFan

That movie was stressful- Leo did a great job of portraying a guy who's on cocaine all the time.

It was also exhausting, my main complaint with the movie is that it was 3 HOURS LONG

12. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

I don't understand how Jonah Hill isn't nominated for a Golden Globe. I've seen every nominee except for the guy from Rush and Hill was by far the most dynamic. Leto is very overrated. It's an oscar part but not an oscar performance.

13. Classic

Classic Member

didnt realize this guy was the inspiration for Boiler Room. gotta see this now

14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Leo was great. Definitely his best performance. Good film. American Hustle was better in my opinion though.

Also Commodore, it's a biopic about a crime that actually took place. Your comment is nonsensical.

15. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Although "they" were fun to look at.. I felt like the crudeness slightly decreases the glory that is this movie.. Scorsese is one of the all time greats, any one can shoot p*rn.. It cheapens the movie to me. Many of those scenes could've been cut and everyone would have still gotten the picture and the movie wouldn't be 3 hours... Or they could have added more scenes, the chemistry between characters was on point and I was dying of laughter the whole movie

Just my opinion.. Not saying i didn't enjoy it.. I thought it was the greatest movie so far in the 2010's..

I love boobs.. But as a fan of the Cinema, I felt like it was unnecessary.. I don't care about the Inappropriateness, it was just unnecessary, and will likely start a trend of movies that just push the envelope as far as possible.. We all hate the Micheal Bay scenes, where you get nauseas from the action, and the explosions don't stop, and an infinite amount of bullets are shot but none seem to hit a target.. This is next.. just t*** everywhere.. and In my opinion we should just save it for the p*rn industry..

Personally I'm a guy who gets super excited when I like something and think other people should enjoy things that I enjoy.. I wouldn't recommend Back door sluts 18 to my friends or family.. So why would I recommend this??

Still an amazing movie.. Just sayin'

16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Perhaps because in reality, guys as powerful as Belfort was in real life don't really feel that pressure. I think the pressure to maintain the lifestyle probably weighs on them more than pressure from the Feds. The sad reality is that guys like Hank Paulson, Warren Buffett and Jamie Dimon are/were MORE powerful than the government. I'm not saying that this is the reason for the lackadaisical nature of the character when it came to the cops in the movie, I'm just saying that's how it is in real life a lot of times.

17. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Who would? Backdoor Sluts 18 was trash. However, Backdoor Sluts 9 makes Crotch Capers 3 look like Naughy Nurses 2!

1 person likes this.
  18. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

lol'd

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bandwagoner again."

19. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Saw it and wow Leo's performance was amazing. He's always consistent imo

20. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Beware, it has unlikeable characters and a 70s drug disco vibe. :grin: