1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cinema] Channing Tatum & Mila Kunis in The Wachowskis 'Jupiter Ascending'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by percicles, Dec 9, 2013.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Who thought it was a good idea to give that dude Spock ears?

2. Nero

Nero Member

Did you see the movie?

It is explained clearly in the movie, many of the characters in the movie are genetically spliced with the DNA of different types of animals.. In Tatums case, he was spliced with the DNA of a wolf, in order to turn him into a 'tracker'. The ears were a facet of that genetic splicing, that's all. His splicing did not affect his appearance all that much - many of the other characters were much more affected.. There was one which had the face of an elephant, for example.

I get why people are/were dubious about the movie - I was on the fence myself. But I didn't read reviews beforehand because I wanted to form my own opinion. And in my opinion it is worth seeing, especially if you are a fan of old school 'space opera' style science fiction.

It just galls me to see people trash a movie they have not even seen - that's a sign of poor cognitive function. And people who actually buy a ticket, and then allegedly 'walk out after thirty minutes'? Lol.. The opinions of such people are not even worth considering.

Granted, the movie is not for everyone, and it certainly is not perfect.. But geez people, if no one gives this thing a chance, then the only big budget science fiction we'll get will be freaking transformers crap! Is that what you all want?

1 person likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Nero - I am looking forward to it, did you like it?

DD

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Apparently they'll also go for hyper-violent and stupid talking raccoons, to be fair.

1 person likes this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

(Guardians of the Galaxy is at least one billion times better than this crock of poop, and infinity times better than Transformers...)

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

In the eye of the beholder, and that's okay. I can't imagine G of the G being better than anything other than having my head shaved with a cheese grater, unless we're just talking special effects, but I know everyone else seemed to love it. (Shrug.)

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Worst movie I have seen in awhile