1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno Dip

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by amfootball, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Fatty FatBastard

On par with most good mexican food restaurants. In fact, I'll say that about their food, also. Not the best in town, but definitely good food.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Why make it when they will often give you a huge container of it for free or charge less than Ranch would cost at the grocery store. Just ask them for it.

3. amfootball

amfootball Member

Because I can't drive over there everyday since I no longer work around the corner from them :(

4. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

OK guys, I am going tomorrow because when I mentioned it to a co-worker, he went overboard in praising their secret sauce or whatever else they have.

So, question: what do I order when I go there? What do you guys recommend? Do I order those chips/tortillas or do they just offer them up along with any order off the menu?

Thanks in advance. :cool:

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

I don't know about everyone else here.. but I always dip my entree into the green sauce.. especially the fish tacos..

6. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

I haven't had Chuy's Jalepeno sauce but try this one. It's good also....

I submitted my recipe here........http://sidedish.allrecipes.com/az/87186.asp

A really good recipe source. Mine only has 2 reviews.

"A tremendous hot sauce that will spice up sandwiches, marinades, vegetable dishes -- just about anything! Jalapenos are boiled, then blended smooth with canola oil, salt and pepper."

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 1/4 pounds fresh jalapeno peppers
    * 2 tablespoons canola oil
    * salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

1. Set aside 1 jalapeno pepper(do not seed this one). Cut the stems off all jalapenos; slice in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds.
    2. Place all of the peppers in a large pot of boiling water. Boil peppers about 15 minutes. Reserve about 2 tablespoons of boiling water, and drain the rest.
    3. Cut the stem off the remaining whole pepper, and place all of the the peppers into a blender. Pour in reserved water and canola oil, and season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth and creamy. Serve hot or chilled.

7. Boomhauer

Boomhauer Contributing Member

Don Jose Mexican Restaurant on Pinemont is good also. Just don't like the nieghborhood. Their Charcoal Beef Enchiladas are awesome, the chili gravy is great. Does anyone know how to make the chili gravy???

8. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I went to Chuy's tonight and had the Chika Chika Boom Boom. Damn that was goooood. My wife got the shrimp tacos with the creamy jalapeno dip on top and they were fantastic.

tiger - They bring the creamy jalapeno dip out with your chips/salsa. Sometimes they will only bring the red sauce though, so just ask for the creamy jalapeno if that happens. It tastes a lot like ranch dressing, so if you're not a fan of ranch you won't like it.

9. tigermission1

Gracias! What''s the chika boom boom?

10. Fatty FatBastard

It's your typical chicken mexican dish, but the waiter does you afterwards...

11. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

It's a chicken enchilada dish, with a really good spicy sauce on it. Only available on Fridays though.

12. amfootball

amfootball Member

It's later...and I'm thanking you! I had to use a bit more sour cream to get it down to a slightly less-spicy point, yet I still cry when eating it (this is a good thing.) It's spicier than Chuys, but it's really, really, really good!

13. Fatty FatBastard

Glad it worked out for you. I guess next time maybe use 1/2 cup jalepenos.

14. tigermission1

Umm...do you mean the waitress? :cool: :eek: