1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Church: Obama, NSA, Verizon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Realjad

Realjad Member

touchy touchy

TLDR (might be sad and pathetic but its true) your post, nor did I pinpoint you directly in mine

and as I'm neither republican nor democrat I'm here to score as many points as Wilt Chamberlain

Someone has too, you all seem insane with your voting of the same b/s over and over and expecting different results. I'm not insane.. yet. As of now I don't expect different results, but its beyond an annoyance.

#21 Realjad, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. bobmarley

bobmarley Member

FLASHBACK: Obama Says No Warrantless Wiretaps If You Elect Me…

[​IMG]

Yeah, not so much.

January 8, 2008:

3. Realjad

Realjad Member

[​IMG]

5 people like this.
  4. Northside Storm

coolbeans.

I just hate hypocrisy, good to know you're not a hypocrite.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Member

Not that I agree with the wiretaps or anything, but they're technically not "warrantless". The warrant was secret, but it exists.

6. Realjad

Realjad Member

I just don't know why you defend Obama when you hate him so much

Holders making record visits to Congress to testify on numerous scandals while Obama is making a record list of lies which I thought between the Bushmen couldn't be done.

yet we are supposed to believe Obama that he never knows anything in any of the scandals...? Not really a bad arguement.. aside from his track record on doing just that- telling the truth.. uhh not lieing. His track record sucks. am I saying he is lieing? But investigation is good, it should be a 'Let it go!! theres nothing to see here people!'

7. Northside Storm

i'm not the moral police---my comments are not binding. but I guess some people are uncomfortable with the notion that someone is calling them out for the truth. And the truth here is that it's laughable that of all people, basso is starting this thread.

I won't stop pointing that out until he categorically rejects the criminality that began this program in the first place---from his hero Bush.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=106621

^LOL

8. Northside Storm

I don't hate the President. I hate certain acts he has done. There is a difference. I also do like other acts he has done, and I'll defend his record when it comes to that.

9. bobmarley

bobmarley Member

Usually when you get a warrant there has to be evidence. They just got everybodies info. That's just crazy.

10. Northside Storm

Warrantless refers more to the lack of FISA warrants in broad searches of data on the American people (Stellar Wind).

11. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Member

It is a big thang. All they are saying is when it was implemented under conservative direction, there was little to no outrage from conservatives, not that this makes it ok.

Sad state of affairs regardless what side of the aisle one might prefer, and regardless 'who started it'.

I have not read the now publicly accessible "top secret" court order yet, but I would like to hear the justification of accessing millions of people's "metadata." Sadly all I expect it to say is "Anytime we want," we can do what we want, and usually all it takes is saying "in matters of defense of the nation" or "against terrorism" or something like that which has little meaning and less explanation.

And because of wording like that, sadly I guarantee you this is not all the data they are collecting, nor the extent of the privacy they are invading. By they, I mean those in power, not merely this or the past administration.

12. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Member

LOL! Right on.

13. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

interestingly, the judge who approved this, has ATT.

14. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Member

That's not what even bothers me. I expect Partisanship like that. What angered me about the Bush administration was the accusation that anyone who disagreed with them was less than patriotic and challenging their policy would "aid and comfort the enemy." According to the Bush administration, simply disagreeing with them would lead to more terrorist attacks on our troops and civilians by comforting the enemy (whatever the hell that meant)

15. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

It's not much different now. But now simple disagreed means you're a racist and/or some gun totting bible thumper. Same crap different day, which normally isn't that big of deal but the fact people actually fell for it so hard with Obama is what was humorous.

16. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Member

I take note that the party of "limited government!" seems strangely quiet. Curious.

In more humorous news:

@TheOnion: "My Administration doesn't have any secrets, and from now on, neither will you." - Barack Obama

lol / sadface

17. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

18. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Member
    Supporting Member

Verizon costs too much.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nq9FW6aqtA4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. Major

Major Member

They aren't wiretaps either.