1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes signs for 1 year vet min with Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ROCKCITY, Jul 29, 2015.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Brian COOK! sorry!

2. Junebball

Junebball Member

Love this pick up. Our post defense the last 3 years has been abysmal. Every PF in the league tortured us. Glad this us coming to an end. Hey LMA, we are throwing a wagon on you .. how you like that?

3. da_juice

da_juice Member

I've always felt the same way. Man, what I would have given up to have Yao and T-Mac healthy for the entire playoffs. Sub Yao/Mac for Dwight/Harden on that team and that's a ring. What could have been...:(

More on topic, I like this signing for a number of reasons. Worst case scenario, Chuck gives us fans a nice nostalgia and acts as a mentor/assistant coach to our very young team while helping guys like Lawson stay focused. Best case scenario, he does that while contributing occasional spot minutes at the four or five against some of the premier post guys in the West.

Plus, his contract is extremely tradeable if (god forbid) everything falls apart. Zero risk with nice dividends. You can't ask for a much better guy to have at the end of the bench.

4. rocketballin

rocketballin Member

Love Chuck Hayes signing!

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is basically a Dorsey signing..... I like Chuck but he can be waived, moved at the deadline,....

Feigen, don't get your hopes up

6. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

For those wondering about Jason Terry...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Again, he has an offer. Has not taken it. He's considering options. <a href="https://t.co/hF3pnNPizH">https://t.co/hF3pnNPizH</a></p>&mdash; Jonathan Feigen (@Jonathan_Feigen) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jonathan_Feigen/status/626578887716274177">July 30, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

x 1 billion

8. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

A reliable stop gap for 5 minutes a night.

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

It will be interesting to see whether Chuck or Dwight earns the spot as permanent starter at Center.

10. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Our starting center has returned!!!

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

does this mean either d-mo or mcdaniels are moved later in the season to get under the tax?

12. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Hayes was averaging 1.7pts and 1.8 rebounds last season.

I see in no way that he was better than Dorsey.

13. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

All contracts become fully guaranteed on January 10.

14. nwcougar

nwcougar Member

He's not very skilled offensively but he has the lateral movement to stay in fronit of PF's like Draymon Grenn and David Lee.

15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

No Hayes is just a team motivator and teacher. He will lead by example.

16. GottaHaveHeart

Want the old chuckwagon not the teletubby he's become riding the pine these last couple of years!

17. Nimo

Nimo Member

I understand his experience and that he is an older veteran but what motivation do Jones, Motiejunas, and Capela have to learn from Hayes? We are not talking about a veteran who has accomplished a lot in his career. I understand Jason Terry's influence because Jason has been where the other players are trying to go. But what does Chuck have as far as accomplishments?

Before I get jumped on, I don't mind the signing. I like it. But I don't get all the talk that he is going to teach all the young guys how to rebound and play defense.

18. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Bye bye Dwight

19. alethios

alethios Member

Naw, that's reserved for Hasheem Thabeet.

20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

His numbers per 36 minutes hasn't changed much since he's been here. He just gets less minutes.