1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes failed physical, contract with Kings voided

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Know Your Role

Morey better be on the phone lines. Step 1, fix the Modesto Mauler. Step 2, sign Modesto Mauler to back up Jordan Hill. ???? Profit.

2. blunto

blunto Member

Love ya Chuck. Get better - no regrets.

3. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

I haven't read enough to know all the details, but isn't it true that we don't know the exact extent of the problem? If not, an awful lot of what's being said seems full of assumptions or guesswork.

There are many situations where a team might not want to (or be able to) honor a long-term contract with a newly signed player, but many of those situations would still allow the player to continue playing.

It might be that Hayes' situation can be controlled medically to an extent that he is able to continue his profession and that the Rockets team is the place he can do it.

The health problems Hakeem had with his own heart in the early 90s might have kept him from being traded (hypothetically) but certainly didn't cost him his career. There is plenty of possibility that whatever this condition is it might not be either life threatening or career threatening in the long run.

4. Trackball

Trackball Member

Look, I love Chuck Hayes as a player and a human being as much as the rest of you.

But right now, he needs to focus on healing his heart.

I don't want the Rockets (or anyone else) to sign him, only for him to become the next Hank Gathers by dying on the court, during a game.

Some things are more important than professional basketball, people. Get your priorities straight.

5. Raven

Raven Member

If you are a real fan of Chuck Hayes, the last thing you want him to do is continue playing professional basketball, at least until he has a clean bill of health.

6. jmp12

jmp12 Member

i wish him the best... but his health is firstm but if he is ok ill take him back in a HEARTBEAT.... :grin::grin:

7. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

He is a millionaire no reason to pity him. but he deserved that contract.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Oh man this is bad news... I feel bad for that guy.

9. pge71188

pge71188 Member

If chuck is able to overcome his condition, the rockets should not sign him. J.Hill looks like he is on the right track.

10. john_l

john_l Contributing Member

LA and DM could go a long way towards showing that players are not assets by treating Chuck right.

11. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

I think most people here realize that health issues need to be taken care of first and that Hayes' health and well-being need to be the first priority, but at the same time there's no reason to assume it means the end of his career at this point.

#71 varuscelli, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's already on NBA.com

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

You sir, are a ****ing moron.

16. Broford

Broford Member

Want to hear something awful? Hasheem Thabeet, even if he never gets better, will have a longer career and make more money than Chuck Hayes.

17. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

I love chuck and would love him to be a rocket again, but what does that mean about developing JHill. I am not implying he is deserving of a starting position or that he will improve to be a great starter, but there really is only one way to find out.

I don't know if this will be a good thing for the rockets. He is better than J Hill but we would be in the same spot as last year.

18. ross84

ross84 Contributing Member

yeah, that's pretty sickening.

19. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Wow, i feel so bad for the chuckwagon...I hope he is ok.

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't be afraid to sign him; Chuck is so tough it would require more than just one organ failing to slow him down.