1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck Hayes failed physical, contract with Kings voided

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Those who keep denigrating Chuck need to move on.

Guy's a gamer. Kept getting better. Ripped opponent's a$$ on D.

Hope he gets better and can continue playing ball.

1 person likes this.
  2. thekad

thekad Member

I know we wish this wasn't our "win now" team, but I don't think the plan has changed much just because Morey couldn't grab Nene. They're going to try to make the playoffs with this team.

3. PootyPooPolansk

4. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

You're probably right (makes me kind of ill, actually), though I don't think "as is" they will make it after losing Chuck.

5. Raven

Raven Member

I am a fan of overachieving pro athletes, which is why I'm a fan of Chuck Hayes. And because of that, especially because of that, I hope he immediately retires and focuses on getting healthy.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Of course would want him back if possible. But it depends on what his heart issue is and how serious it is.

If it is something that would have Chuck incur a great risk of death if he continues his NBA career, I'd think he should think of his life and his family and kids and not take that risk. If, on the other hand, it's simply a matter of the condition making it impossible to get inurance coverage on the contract (like Eddy Curry's) but he can still play without too much of a horrible risk, I'd be happy if he comes back.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am very unhappy to hear this.
    The idea of having him as an assistant coach on the Rockets sounds good to me too,if he can't play anymore.
    Get healthy Chuck.

8. Carl Herrera

If he can play, though, and this unfortunate event simply means teams will be hesitant to sign him for too big a contract due to the contract being uninsurable, I would think it makes sense for a Houston signing even without Pau and Nene-- as long as the cost (and you know Morey won't pay more than the market price) isn't so great that it will tie up the Rockets cap for years.

9. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

MarkBermanFox26 Mark Berman
    Rockets concerned for Chuck Hayes' health after he failed Kings physical. Houston will have interest when Hayes is healthy NBA sources said

10. Carl Herrera

A "clean enough" Chuck Hayes might be exactly the guy the Rockets are looking for. We know he can play, and now he'll likely come at a discount.

11. binvegas

binvegas Contributing Member

There is no better person in sports than Chuck Hayes. I hope the Rockets do right by him, no matter what the situation is.

1 person likes this.
  12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Maybe out of topic for this thread but that Sam Amick post has me wondering don't they have 2 centers in Sacramento already? Cousins and that other dude. I thought they were getting Chuck to mentor/set a good example for Cousins and would play him as a PF, why are they looking to sign Sammy D?

13. ericdwj

ericdwj Member

Best suggestion, minus him playing.

14. MadRox

MadRox Member

This just show that Chuck's heart is in Houston, once he left, he had no heart.

15. TheBookOfOlu

TheBookOfOlu Member

Chuck Hayes Is The Heart Of The Rockets!

16. pge71188

pge71188 Member

Is it possible that Chuck worked his butt off so hard here in Houston that it had an effect on his heart?

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Seriously folks let's just hope he gets healthy. And then deal with the basketball side of things.

DD

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

First of all, he should concentrate in his health. However, if there is a chance that doctors were wrong and he could play he needs to be with the Rockets.

You never know, I know of heart doctors that have been wrong with my uncle being a heart surgeon and friends of mine being misdiagnosed.

19. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

20. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

man

this hurts even me..

I wish Chucky gets his issue fixed and can continue to play

would love to have him back then, a true leader..

btw

thanks Clutch