1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chuck "Glue" Hayes . . . I AM FURIOUS !!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zcity, Dec 27, 2011.

1. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

we were playing better when Hayes is on the floor. That's all i'm saying. Hayes a good piece to have but i'm not saying he's teh main piece that will take us to the finish line. He's a piece to have when you have the major pieces in place.

2. coolweather

and Chuck Hayes is out now. Do you think we're now an elite team?

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

Actually, the Rockets outscored opponents by 6.1 pts per 100 possessions during the 2079 minutes when Hayes played. So, they were winning with Hayes. Problem is they got outscored by opponents during the 1800 or so minutes when Chuck sat.

4. macalu

macalu Member

not without a superstar. you guys act like chuck hayes is indispensable. heart is nice, but his physical and offensive shortcomings override it.

5. meh

meh Member

We're mediocre with him. We're mediocre without him. Hence, he's... mediocre?

1 person likes this.
  6. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

I really hate that we gave this guy up. If we had a Center along with Chuck, im certain our defense would have been unstoppable (well our interior defense at least). I cant think of another guy who can plays better low post defense than Chuck and he makes guys like Blake Griffin work for their points. Defense wins Championships, we shouldn't have let this guy go.

7. coolweather

my point is, he's nice to have once you have major pieces in your team. Hence, the subject, "GLUE". Not all players have this "Glue" effect.

ONce again people, the subject is, "GLUE", not "GLEE".

8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Member

Totally. That's totally like two men having sex.

9. coolweather

and a mediocre logic.

10. zcity

zcity Member

. . . and the defense rests

11. Rockets111

Rockets111 Member

Chuck was the ideal facilitator: got the Rockets extra possessions and was a sound passer. I don't think he'll thrive with the Kings; I think he would be best used on a contender.

I honestly didn't think I'd miss him and I knew our defense would suffer without him. What I didn't think was how badly the offense would miss him as far as moving the ball, screening and movement.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Agreed, and they are not my boys....Can we move onto the next lie please?

DD

13. FTW Rockets FTW

The Chuckwagon will always be missed in Houston. Good luck

14. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

[​IMG]

15. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I love Chuckwagon for his undersize play, but he is not someone who can play against the big boys. Btw, he was -22 and 5 pfs for the Kings yesterday. I rather have Dalembert than Hayes because one can really block shots and hold the post, the other just hustles.

16. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

a big loss...

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

He's a big loss ... a character guys and a respected leader on our team. So much so that Morey was willing to lose both Scola and Martin but retain him. Until Stern voided the deal.

We needed to upgrade the center spot and look for a deal for a superstar player. Signing him would ruin our chances for both. Priorities ...

Remember it was the Rockets that made him into a recognizable name. We give undervalued players a way to shine.

He found a team that needs him, he seems happy. That's all we could wish for him. Give him the loudest cheers when he returns to HOU.

18. soupman

soupman Member

I watched tha game from start to finish. The Kings lost because they played absolutely undisciplined basketball in the 2nd half. Tyreke Evans decided to go 1 on 5 every time he touched the ball, the PG play was brutal, and Cousins once again lost his head. There was no D at all except from the Chuckwagon.

Westphal needs to trade away the head cases there if he is going to build a contender.

19. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Problem is both Reke and Cousins are head cases.

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If anyone can teach Cousins how to be a professional, it's the chuck wagon.

1 person likes this.