1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronicle] T-Mac on the 2015-2016 Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Feb 18, 2016.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets...o-let-their-6840720.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh the irony...Mr. Quitter himself.

DD

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Same thing with Fran and his message, what Mcgrady said wasn't wrong (coming from one of his biggest critics).

It is weird to hear him talk like this...given how he almost sabotaged our 09' season but he was right on about the buck starting and stopping with Dwight and James.

4. hakeemthagreat

He kept it real. Have no problem with what he said

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not saying he was wrong, just wishing he had this revelation when he was healthy and playing.

DD

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The problem here of having T-mac as analyst is that his team accomplishments were none.

So when he comments on teams or players on winning playoff series or being an MVP, he's credibility is not very high.

Barkley was successful for TNT because he had led his team to the Finals, was on Dream team and is a hall of famer. He could say crap about others cause he's got the resume to back up his mouth.

When Hakeem talks about this team, people have to respect what he says, t-mac, it's just interesting.

At least we know Tmac LOVES to talk about himself, him and Shaq should start their own show.

7. Drogba

Drogba Member

I would take those comments seriously if it came from just about anyone BUT him.

1 person likes this.
  8. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

Looking beyond the messenger, the message/solution is clear: James and Dwight need to step up and go to the playoffs. Hard work pays off.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

No TMac love around these parts

He is not Snottie Quitten but . . .. . .

Rocket River

10. rocketshopeful

this made me laugh pretty hard.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Nothing he said is wrong, though. And since he is connected to people who work with the team, his comments pretty much confirm the chemistry problems we all kind of knew about already.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I disagree with the talent notion. We had Battier, Ron Artest, Ming, Mcgrady, Brooks. Far more talented than this group we have now. Mcgrady never got himself back in shape and Yao couldn't stay on the floor but Mcgrady is a quitter time has allowed me to face that when I used to deny it or atleast not talk about. Tracy Mcgrady is a quitter who never made it out of the first round.

13. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lol. i just find it hilarious that tmac is trying to get an invitation to talk to this team and motivate them. wtf is he gonna say?

14. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

You guys are too mean about T-Mac.

You know how smart T-mac was playing on the court. he has insights into the game.

you can say that his attitude has a bit problem, not practicing enough, but he knows how to play a game.

15. ApuN

ApuN Member

I agree

We won 22 in a row in '08 with the "no talent" McLady is talking about

If Yao hadn't broke his foot during the streak, they could have made it to the WCF

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

He purposely tanked his performance for two straight teams.
    I don't hate T-Mac, but he was a definitely a cancer at times.

17. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

Since Vagrady is and was terrible and the absolute ****ing worst, I really don't think we're being too mean.

I actually don't think we're being mean enough.

18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I'm 100% positive he means the teams he basically broke his back carrying with Yao. You know, the one where we were relying on Luther Head to be a major contributor in the Playoffs.

19. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Overall I don't think tmacs rockets were more talented than this one but the one you sighted surely was.

That was the first time in a long time that I looked at all the other teams rosters and thought us The Lakers and celtics hands down had the most talent in the league. Those 3 teams were in a class of their own talent wise.

Had mcgrady not gotten hurt that was a 60 win squad and the favorites to come out west.

I mean we pushed to the champs to 7 games with no mcgrady or Yao. Imagine had they stayed healthy? Wow.

Yao was entering his prime that Portland series he grew up a lot. It wasn't about the numbers beside he had better statical seasons but that 09 team he became a leader and knew exactly what to do on both sides of the floor.

Arrest was great once Mac went down. We miss a player like him he got all our role players in check and ready for anything.

20. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

no NBA player would tank his own performance on court, since it will damage their whole career and furthermore money.

I guess mcgrady made that solely wrong decision himself for that microsurgery without discussing with anybody. He was talented, he was arrogant, and now he paid for that, as he could not make a dime any more on the court since that.

Get him talk about the chemistry of our team. Might Help.