1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONICLE] T-Mac’s injury a touchy topic for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blender, Jan 4, 2009.

1. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

I am genuinely surprised when the players said "We feel wanted" when McGrady is not around.

If Wafer and Head will play better without McGrady then you have to sit this guy down until he's ready to play. Other players can't meet their goals and potential when Mcgrady is around.

2. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Props to him for pic and thanks for posting up here DD.This one's awesome! :D

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Funny how all of the sudden Tmac wants to play through it, the problem is he isn't playing at all.

So he couldn't play through it in December? Come on !!!! How can anyone support this guy....seriously?

DD

4. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

I dunno... for some reason, I keep thinking about LL Cool J in "Any Given Sunday"...

He is having issues with the offensive coordinator regarding having plays called for him, because he is attempting to reach enough yards for his million dollar bonus. I think Tracy might have some type of deal like this as well with Adidas. If he sits, he misses out on the All-Star game, which he has enough votes as of right now, or he plays hurt and still gets in based on his popularity...

OR...

It could be the GOAT angle... :confused:

5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The decision to play or not
    SHOULD NOT BE ON T-MAC . .. IT NEEDS TO BE ON ADELMAN

Adelman needs to say SIT YA *SS DOWN FOR 3 WEEKS
    don't even let him practice. . have him REHAB

Rocket River

6. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

i agree with your comments. i think he has lost interest in the game and the only way to get it back is to go out and do verything that is out there (put earings on 24 hours a day, play with kids, fight with the wife, listen to music, travel, ...) and then that will clear things or him whether he is done or not.

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

He's done this before. He then comes back and plays well and tries to fit in like last year, but this time I really don't think he will ever come back fully. I think we pretty much have seen the end of the McGrady era. Time to move on.

8. sabesque

sabesque Member

all of this tmac talk reminded me of a piece written by tmac that proved to be furthest from the truth. From the blog on his official website:

"I am so confident with my team this season that If I have to hang back for a few games until I feel my knee is 100%, than that is what I will do. You will see a fierce T-Mac on the court this season, I can promise you that. We are a strong unit that has great chemistry. We all want it badly. I want to win, we want to win, and we will make Houston proud. Just enjoy the show Rockets fans and believe. I do.."

9. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

This is where Adelman and the GM need to put their foot down say, 'No T-Mac, you are not playing until you are 100%!"

If he pouts, then look to trade him. The guy has the ability of a No.1 option, but the brain of a No. 5 option.

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

Aren't the doctors saying he won't be 100% until he plays through the pain? There's the catch-22

11. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I don't know what they are saying, but his lackluster effort on the court tells me he needs a long time off.

The guy had all last offseason to heal, and the fact that he is still taking games off because of injuries this season is complete crap.

T-Mac is unreliable. Do the Rockets really want a guy like this in their clubhouse. I still think the Rockets go as far as T-Mac takes them.....and right now.....that's the lottery.