1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CHRONICLE] T-Mac’s injury a touchy topic for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by blender, Jan 4, 2009.

1. blender

blender Member

ibm posted this article in the "Chronicle DESTROYS McGrady" thread, but I thought it deserved a thread of its own.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6193178.html

The rest of the article is at the site link.

2. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Couldn't of said it better if Mcgrady is going to play he should be playing at 100% not that garbage he's been playing the last few games it just pisses me off with the lackluster performances he's producing

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

What is even better is yesterday's Chron article where he talked about being in Toronto bringing back memories of what he wanted to do in the NBA. He paints himself as the guy who just wanted to come in and play defense and rebound but then he went to Orlando and had to become a scorer. Yep. He just wanted to be a blue collar, role player in this league.

The guy is a loser.

4. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I don't like this article very much. Feels of too much speculation, and there was only 1 quote in the entire thing.

5. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

I think its more of an editorial type article. feigen does more of the beat reporting.

6. Raven

Raven Member

I hope I'm wrong, but I predict the Rockets flounder in the playoffs and that Tracy is traded during the off season. That just seems the most likely to me.

7. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

imho, Adelman should make it very simple as my old Sensei used to...

If you're sick, ill, or anything less than 100%, don't bother coming to the dojo

It's as simple as that.

However, I think the powers that be in the Rox organization see this is an investment of sort. Yet in playing T-Mac, I actually he and the organization is hurting the team and the team's performance more than they realize.

History and historical stats mean little right now.

Let T-Mac rest for an extended period of time. If indeed, this is a nagging aftereffect of sorts from the surgery, time and rest should theoretically fix it. However, this on again off again, "I will play through the pain BS" is not courage, It's STUPIDITY on the part of both T-Mac AND the Rox mgmt.

SHEER STUPIDITY IMHO.

Settle for the 8th seed. Get some more minutes to Von Wafer and Co. for them to get better. And don't hang your hat on T-Mac. Should T-Mac be able to come back in time for the playoffs AND we've secured the 8th seed, then T-Mac's return is hailed a welcome one. It would be nothing short of a bonus. But right now, in his condition, him playing is a liability NOT an asset to this team. Let him rest. Let him get healthy. Let us and mgmt judge him AFTER he gets back to level zero.

theSAGE

8. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Going to be hard trading $23,000,000.

How would you like to see that figure hit your bank account.

9. worzel gummidge

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6193178.html

10. Raven

Raven Member

He'll be an expiring next year, so I expect there would be interest because of that.

11. tonyrock

tonyrock Rookie

Trade Tracy for Captain jackson from Golden state!!!!!!!!!

12. StaticC4

StaticC4 Member

Actually Lamar will have the best season he has had with us like in 04/05, so he rack up some money before he calls it quits forever.

13. The Brian

The Brian Member

i say tell him to go hard or sit out every game until he's ready.

none of this pick my spots bs. if he doesn't comply, suspend/fine him.

he is starting to become a cancer.

14. The Brian

The Brian Member

if this is not a joke, it should be. jackson is terrible for us.

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Oh my Gosh, this is one of the best articles I've ever read. Phenomenal and of course I agree with everything.

But now the thing is (for McGrady):

1) Play with hear and passion and lead this team. We live and die on you, so you gotta understand us and play. You know you are gonna get only better so don't cry about your knee. STFU and PLAY!

2) Take a longer stretch of time OFF. I am not saying about a week or two. I am saying about a month or two. Than come back when you are ready. I mean READY

Because situation like this is not gonna get it done. You are not gonna get better taking one game off and than playing once again. If you play, you play. If you don't you don't. We need to move forward, you are holding us back. So decide, can you play like you aresupposed to do, or you need time off. It can't be game time decision every time. PLAY WELL or SIT, because the kne is not a problem here. It is your freaking head. I don't know if you forgot, but this is supposed to be 'OUR SEASON'.

The same thing about Ron. Don't tell us that you will be fine. You are playing well or you are SITTING and resting until you are 100%. You can't play in one game and than take another off. It is hurting this team. We need SOLID ROTATION, with or without you guys.

Really, I am SICK with that. Now it is a game to stop being freaking baby and make up your mind.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No I disagree, I think Captain Jack would be perfect. The guy
    is a warrior that could actually move without the ball and make
    tough shots when we need them, not to mention he and Ron
    would be GREAT together...

17. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

You are wrong; they won't make the playoffs.

18. tracy1mcgrady4l

i think t-mac is just tired of playing reg season games, he just don't care about reg season anymore, thats why he's acting like a kid right now.i think he's not even feeling any pain in his knee, but he used it as an excuse to not play.

19. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Aye,I think he gotta consider his retirement because he acts like a elder who's older than Deke.No energy,no will.

In retrospect,I recall that somebody said T-Mac would like to impose his will on the game when it's needed.I just don't see it any more,he just doesn't care.I couldn't care less what he does off the court,but on the court,it's all about winning the ball game,he should be traded if he keeps acting like ****.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Sit him, send him home to rehab the knee, take away his power.

[​IMG]

You can just read between the lines that the organization is questioning his work ethic, and dedication and whether he is truly injured.

Props to TraocyMcMingy for picture.

DD