1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronicle: Rockets are keeping Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rudy, Dec 19, 2013.

1. delishman

delishman Member

Please Omer.. Just make the best of a bad situation.

But seriously.. we got D12.. its not like we went out and signed Sammy D to start. Understand he wants to get minutes for a variety of valid reasons. He's made it clear he wants out and he deserves that but... not until the trade deadline. Have to be realistic with your employer. The December idea was nice and seemed like everyone was pushing hard for it but.. not like any other team was in any sort of rush. He can earn his paycheck, and play basketball until then. If somehow trades worked in the business world, I think I would accept knowing I was working for a deadline the rest of the industry is on. And I don't even play basketball or make millions for a living. After the deadline he has earned the privilege to be upset or even go as far to not play.

An

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Howard has shown willingness to sacrifice. Has anyone considered bringing Howard off the bench? He and Lin would make one helluva bench and the starting group really isn't too bad either.

This might help you keep Omer and improve the team at the same time.

3. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

The better he plays the more these other teams will want him. He can only help himself by buying in and playing.

If we get Asik and Lin healthy, we can get a few games clear for the pack.

4. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

No, you don't shift the line-up because one person won't accept his role. Howard is a better player than Asik, he is the starter.

It didn't work with him at the 4(we really didn't give it much of a chance by how we used Asik when Howard had the ball), so he needs to accept his role until he gets moved.

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Jeremy Lin is better than Patrick Beverly and he's coming off the bench. If it makes the team cohesively better, then you do that every time. The question is, does Asik playing and Howard coming off the bench add up to better performance on the court.

I wish Asik would accept his role, but someone made him a promise and it's not being kept. I'm all about maximizing and winning. If starting Howard gives you more wins, so be it, but it is worth consideration if Omer needs to start to be happy.

Think about it, Omer wears down the opposing starting center and then you have the better player coming into the game you have to deal with. Increased number of matchup problems...

6. Zergling

Zergling Member

But... but... Morey followed Paul Millsap on Twitter!

7. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

HAHHA HILLARIOUS!

8. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Howard is an elite player, Lin is better than Beverly at some thing and Beverly is better than Lin at others.

How about we start our bench guys...let's do that lol.

The starting unit functions better with Beverly at the point and the bench functions better with Lin on the court.

Howard and Asik both defend, Howard is good on offense and Asik is inept.

I am sick of reading posts where Lin is treated like an elite player...the beauty of having Beverly and Lin is they are different and work well together.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Atlanta is third in the East. Big deal. This means they are stuck in the middle. It's a pity that Millsap won't force a trade to Houston.

10. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

11. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Except for the fact that he's not a luxury if he continues to sit out games due to frustration over the situation. Every day he sits he loses value and the Rockets will continue to lose leverage in any trade scenario.

Not to mention the fact that while he sits, our team becomes worse. We lose more games.

Not sure why any Rockets fan would cheer for an unhappy player remaining on the roster. It's only going to cost us in the end.

12. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

This is a PROFESSIONAL Sports league, which means these athletes are PROFESSIONALS, who will honor their contract with their employer. Omer Asik is being very UNPROFESSIONAL about his game, he does not have the drive to compete and give 100% no matter what the circumstance.

13. jwayne

jwayne Member

I'm not sure we can call it a fact that anyone promised anyone anything based on another's hearsay. Let's just stop treating that as fact now. This is the NBA we are talking about, not the YMCA 12 yr old league. Man up. Quit acting like a pansy, Asik. What happened to men in this world?

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just want the guy to show up for work and do his job...which he's paid handsomely to do. That's all I want from Asik. Not too much to ask.

15. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm beginning to wonder if Asik does in fact have a serious injury. One that would fail a physical for a trade.

16. Deniz

Deniz Member

You forget that Asik already apologized (Not everyone has the courage to apologize) and said that he will help the team to win.

17. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

This is the worst CF post I have ever seen.
    I mean, this is absolutely disgraceful.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In a fantasy world or a basketball computer game but not in reality.

Asik's confidence on O has decreased and his game was nearly atrocious

We need some offense

19. bws

bws Member

Lin and Asik's situations are different. Lin was getting his 30 minutes plus a game when he was healthy. He just didn't start. He was in the game end of quarters and end of games when needed. He's also quite needed to shore up a pretty sorry bench. Asik, after the failed TT, has had his minutes and role drastically reduced. Lin knows he's in a better position than Asik and tends not to even try to comment on him when asked. Maybe if McHale can work Asik in for an acceptable amount of minutes, he'll go along but he wants to start and be the main center. He's also 2 years older than Lin and in or starting in his prime.

20. Mariachi ROCKET

CAN HE PLAY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?