1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Chronicle DESTROYS McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It's pretty simple what's happening here.

You're seeing a guy that has always been the best, or at least one of the best at what he does. In middle school he was a superstar. In high school he was a superstar. In his early years he knew that given a chance he would be a superstar. In later years he proved it.

Now? Now he can't handle being on the same level, or worse yet, inferior to his teammates. I also feel that the way fans have taken to Ron's all out effort and clutch play has really damaged Tracy's ego. In other words, he's whiny, weak-minded, and full of self pitty.

I would gladly go the rest of my life without seeing him "perform" again, in any uniform.

2. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

LOL. This is hilarious. I love revisionism.

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

It's funny, but it's like reading what they said about VY when he got benched.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm having fun . . glad you are too

Rocket River
    SF3 >> TMac - in the Heart Department

5. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I bet he could've scored at least 4 last night too!

6. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

You know DD, Tmac actually makes Rafer look even worse. Two inconsistent idiots in the backcourt need to be replaced by Brooks and Wafer. Please no HEAD. Why does Adelman keep starting Head? :mad: AHHHHHHH

7. bkg

bkg Member

i suppose your right, but i really hate the idea that the rockets will languish in uncertainty until we find a suitor. i would just rather move on. if we got nothing for him, i still think we are in good shape.

8. DribbleHooper

DribbleHooper Contributing Member

Orlando must be beside themselves with glee and gloating.

They earned it, too, putting up with T-Slack Grady's antics before.

9. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

The trade deadline is not that far away.

10. Bleeding Red

Bleeding Red Member

We all knew this was coming. The only thing that stopping him from achieving greatness is his competitiveness. I doubt he still have the hunger drives him work hard like Kobe. He settle for mediocre and consequently that's the result. It's just make me sad to see all the talents we passed up for this guy because management's trust that he could be the one who can lead the team to finish line.

11. Yakapo

Yakapo Member

You absolutely nailed it. Best tmac post ever.

12. ibm

ibm Member

13. blender

blender Member

Wow, a good, honest article. Justice's ambivalence is pretty much how I feel about this team right now.

Especially this part:
    This is the dilemma of the Rockets for the past several seasons. And I get the feeling this year will be the last chance to solve it.

14. Raven

Raven Member

I don't have a crystal ball, but I predict the Rockets will do a full rebuild if they can't get out of the first round. They cut budget to prepare for that 2010 class right as ticket sales are predicted to decline, because of the bad economy.

Next season could be very ugly, very ugly.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I think it take major balls to trade a talented player like McGrady, but IMO, that is what the Rockets must do.

Having the team feel "Wanted" will make the entire team better, even if they have to give up an all world talent like Tmac.

He is a cancer, always has been, always will be......it is time for him to move on to the next stop and kill that franchise with bogus expectations.

DD

16. killer instinct

I came a little closer to respecting Dick Justice today...... that is scary.

17. cmiller

cmiller Contributing Member

I agree. We're not going to get fair trade value but getting soemone in exchange who has the desire to play could make all the difference.

I think with Yao and Ron, we have a good core. If we could get a couple of pieces for TMac then I think we'd be a better team.

I'm just not sure who would want him now.

18. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I'm not going as far as calling T-Mac a cancer. That title is reserved for those players who truly deserve the title. Those players that kill locker room chemistry, those that the media uses as mouthpieces for their theories and agendas (pitting coach vs, player, player vs. player, etc...)

those that have truly worn out their welcome in the NBA. Those players that some Rockets fans are actually clamoring for :confused:

T-Mac has some passion left in him. I don't know if he will find it this seaon, or on the Houston Rockets, but he hasn't completely worn out his welcome in Houston as far as I am concerned.

we still have over half a season left and a playoff run.

IF IF IF

19. goodbug

goodbug Contributing Member

The guys we traded for are either retired or having a small contract you are not concerned about. That's the point of trading your star for expiring contracts. We used to laugh at the hockey guy in Orlando and it backfires now.

20. newcandy

newcandy Member

It's not just he Heart problem, it is about trust and integrity.
    The union protects that kind of players, which is really unfair to fans.