1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronicle DESTROYS McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

for the record . . .I was against the initial trade to get him *grin*

Rocket River

2. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

wrong...wrong....and wrong again.

Look at the teams record under JVG with out TMac. Now look at the teams record with out TMac under RA.

The teams under JVG were just pain horrible with out TMac but the team seemed to gell at times with out TMac under RA.

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Were they an extension of the front office when they were slamming Morey and Les for firing JVG?

Don't be a victem of selective memory.

4. J3323

J3323 Member

5. mbiker

mbiker Member

I think that you are on the wrong forum. Try this one instead:
    http://www.nba.com/clippers/

6. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Would be nice, but I don't believe McGrady would want to and Grover has previously refused to work with players if he finds they don't give sufficient effort.

McGrady should have put in his time over the summer. He decided that would get in the way of his vacation.

7. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

and any way you slice it, that initial trade was still a good one *grin*

8. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Lateral move, at best. *frown*

9. Rule0001

Rule0001 Contributing Member

Oh man man man. That article absolutely NAILED it. Absolutely NAILED it. Thank you Feigan. If you never write one piece of journalism again, this will be the piece I have a man crush on you forever for.

Jesus Christ that was a beautiful thing to read. I would have put more expletives of course, but that was a beautiful thing to read. I wish tracy would read Clutchfans and can see how ****ing disgusted we are with his piss poor performances all season.

I hope he does read the Chronicle. In fact, I hope someone that knows Tracy on this board prints this article out and prints out about 80 other Clutchfans articles and shows them to Tracy's lazy ass. It won't light a fire under him, but it'll show him how disgusted we are with his usage of a roster spot on this team.

Good riddance.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

"Blindbury" has been right about McGrady all along.

11. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah when he stood there and let Jamario Moon just dunk the ball on that fastbreak that killed people's spirit to even think about continuing to support Tracy.

12. Pringles

Pringles Member

Maybe...

It depends if we ever get past the first round with the Tracy/Yao era. If not... I rather have watched Stevie and his hard efforts.

13. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Good point.

Now will someone explain me why is he quitting the team? Why? Is there a reason?

I don't see it! It isn't the record, it isn't the salary, the teammates, then what?

And oh stop with trade TMac trades that's useless, it would be stupid to trade him right away.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They're both criticizing McGrady, pretty overtly, but Feigen and Blinebury are still miles apart on this. Fran thinks he's a lost cause, and he said so pretty much as soon as he stepped through the door 5 seasons ago. Feigen is patient, and he continues to say that McGrady could regain some of his prior form and salvage the season.

I lean towards Feigen's view on this. Maybe T-Mac quit, maybe he was lazy, but this is nothing new for those who have been following the team for a number of years. We saw it in that horrific 05/06 season as well when we won only 34 games. We saw it last year (in Toronto, no less), mere months before we went on our 22 game win streak and some in the media started talking about T-Mac as an MVP candidate. I'm not saying history will repeat itself, but McGrady could conceivably become at least a 17-5-6 guy who makes the team better and the Rockets could flourish.

What it will take is for him to get out of whatever funk he's in. He has this habit of allow his personal issues or his physical ailments to take over his entire mental approach. That points to a weak-willed disposition. He needs to take some more pride in his NBA stardom, get over the aches and pains, block out all the drama elsewhere in his life, and just play the damn game. I'm not going to give up hope completely, because doing so will effectively be giving up hope on the season. I don't think this team can accomplish anything without McGrady, and we're not going to get good value in exchange for him in a trade.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

look, it's still opinions. and i never disagreed with those who said tracy is INCONSISTENT during the REG. SEASON in terms of his effort and intensity. i've agreed with that testament.

all i know is he'll pick it up later in the season and in the playoffs. but yes, it's frustrating that his play is costing us games right now.

but it's stupid to say ALL the players follow his lead. everybody knows he's not the leader of the team. yao is the main guy right now and ron has been playing better than him the past fwe weeks. so if tracy plays bad, they say that spread to the entire team? that's just ludicrous.

16. durvasa

It's not him just playing bad. It's the way he plays. The lack of intensity -- that can definitely spread to other players. If the guy you depend on is moving at 1/4 speed, it's hard as a player not to match that. The 5 guys on the floor on aren't 5 independent parts. They are a 5 guys on a string. If one guy is dogging it, that can throw everything out of wack.

17. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

I don't think that link points to a forum, but thanks.

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

really? how do you explain some of the pathetic games we played WITHOUT him?

right now, the entire team is playing VERY BAD. and tracy is one of the guys who is playing VERY BAD. so it's easy to blame him. and we should blame him. there's no excuse for him to play this pathetic, even with a sore knee.

but we have guys like ron, yao, landry, rafer, scola... who always put out the effort. and they also had VERY BAD GAMES. let's stop bringing this garbage about tracy influencing everything the others do.

it's not like tracy influenced them into a bad night v. memphis earlier did he? :rolleyes:

right now the team is sucking. tracy is one of the leaders at the sucking department. they all need to get it together.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Nice job on the headline, OP. I can't think of a more fitting title. That article was harsh but definitely necessary. This is gut-check time and I hope T-Mac realizes it.

20. durvasa

I can't say anything specifically about yesterday, because I didn't actually watch the game. But I do know, in general, that in team sports "playing with energy" is a synergistic thing. You need a bunch of players doing it collectively and feeding off eachother. If a key guy is acting like he doesn't care about what's happening, that will make it harder for the rest of the guys to build up the necessary "energy".

I'm not trying to put all the responsibility on one player. But I think responsibility have to start with the best players. They get the most money, they have the highest expectations, and what they do or don't do on the court has the most impact.