1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronicle DESTROYS McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. manhore

manhore Member

By the way, it's only $300 for court-side seats? That's DAMN CHEAP!! Geez, that only gets you lower level behind the stanchion and about 30 rows back in Staples.

2. Lumix

Lumix Member

It only serves as a proof of Feigen's opinion.

3. amak

amak Member

Somebody Needs the Throw a Shoe At T-MAC to MAKE his A** know what a Disgrace he is to the Game NOW! he's History! THATS IT. DONE! DAMN!

4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I can't believe some people actually think T-Mac is getting traded... He won't for 2 main reasons:

1) We won't get anything remotely close to his talent in return (especially now that he's so injured)

and

2) Summer 2010

And if by some miracle he does end up getting traded, these spare parts we get in return won't be on the team but for a season and a half (see reason number 2). A plain and simple stop-gap solution that won't sell any more or less tickets then they currently are.

Bottom line, when you have the chance to add the next "Steve Francis" or "T-Mac" to your team in 2010, you don't get rid of your biggest asset in doing so. You stand pat and hope you can win with what you've got, disappointing results or otherwise.

5. dragonwill

dragonwill Member

It's so sad that Charles Barkley was right about TMac. :mad:

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

If any other player pulled what TMac did tonight they'd get benched or suspended. Turns my stomach.

7. Good Times

Good Times Member

T Mac is making 20 million this year alone. I just can't imagine how anyone making this much could feel like not working at their job.

8. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Any video of that play in question. I didn't get to see the whole game.

9. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

will that actually be in the paper tomorrow? or is this just on the website.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Arent their right? T-Mac averaging 10 ppg? I understand sometimes you may go 5/19, 6/20, 8/26 but this is called a shooting slump.

You can't call McGrady making 2 shots a game scoring under 10 a SHOOTING SLUMP

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I am just glad that the Chronicle is calling him out. I wish the coach and GM would have the balls to bench him.

DD

12. mw_mw

mw_mw Member

i'm sure that even i can get 4 points in what, 30 min?

13. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

There are more issues to this team than T_Mac, he's a big issue but not the only one....

Read the entire article about how Ron has abandon the offense and doing his thing..

How the playes are just standing around...

The other issue is Aldeman, it's his job as the coach to get this crap straighten out.. As much as I didn't like JVG style as a coach, I have to admit NO way in HELL would he have let this ship go astray like this.

So as much as the Chronicle is calling T-Mac out, they also need to call Aldeman out.

14. joesr

joesr Member

Honestly though, this wont mean anything ina couple games when Tmac is playing again...lousy or good.

15. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

if you go to ESPN.com, then go to the recap of last night's game, they have a video with highlights, including a play (i didn't see the game either, i'm guessing this is it) where Jamario goes in for a dunk and T-Slack makes a casual swipe at the ball near the FT line. haven't checked on NBA.com yet, they probably have something by now.

16. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

here you go..

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=cL9S1wMyLsQ

17. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

I dont see anyway that Sacramento does this deal. They have to know that if Mcgrady is playing like this in Houston he would be much worse in Sacramento. You know he doesnt want to be there, they would be lucky to get half the effort that Tmac gives now. That would mean just a miserable year and a half before he comes off the books. And all that for a savings of just 5.8 million for Salmons, when Im sure they could dump his contract no problem for an expiring next year.

More importantly, I dont think they consider themselves major players in 2010. Do you see any possibility that Lebron, Wade, Amare, Bosh, Dirk, etc... would ever pick Sacramento over the other major teams that will have cap space. It would be one thing if they were one of two or three teams with cap space, but at this point its gonna be 10-15.

18. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

i'll go myself, and will chip in $30 and will drive myself there. i can wear a trash bag and also have some signs with me that i'll use during the game.

i can write stuff like:
    -"T-Mac, have you no pride?"
    -"It's on me"
    -"Weisbrod was right!"
    -"Sorry, This Fan Has to Sit Out the 2nd Half"
    -"Tracy, how about restructuring your contract?"

obviously i'd want to write much worse things, but i'd have to be wary about getting kicked out.

19. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

if you are down by 15, you can't call it quits (on that dunk)? Sure, it would have been better if he tried, but the fact was that with the way the team had been playing for the previous 3 quarters, the game was over at that point...
    In all fairness, lets give him the benefit of the doubt for the next 10 games...

20. bugzpodder

bugzpodder Member

just put yourself in tmac's position and ask yourself this, if you know you've lost in a race, would you stop trying? I know I've done that many times personally.

tmac quit on the game, not the team. I don't think he would do something as hideous as that, at least for now.