1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chronicle DESTROYS McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hank McDowell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ah, you are correct sir, I missed your point.

DD

2. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

No Grady Claus? What? Liar!

3. Landlord Landry

well, in defense of JeopardE, GOAT's claim is looking more and more suspect....

4. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I'm not a salary guru like many here but you have to wonder if Detroit would do a straight up trade for AI since he isn't doing so well in Detroit.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

If he is banned, then it answers all questions.

DD

6. MD_in_Training

The only reason they got AI was for his expiring contract. And he's still better than Tmac.

7. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I think he is out of here soon.

8. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Chronicle has long been an extension of the Rocket's front office. They almost never come out and tell things as they are, so either it's open season on Mac with the front office no longer sheltering T-mac, or these guys finally grew a pair.

Many posters here have defended Mac to the bitter end but you know what guys the Russians are shelling Berlin and the writing is on the wall the T-mac era in Houston is almost officially over.

9. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Mr. Morey, if you are reading, get this done.

Please. And thank you.

10. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Probably for AI correct.

It would not suprise me if they picked him up just for that matter especially if they talked previously.

I could see more players involved though everyone not named Stucky and Maxiell.

11. agentkirb87

agentkirb87 Member

I'll agree that Tmac is a cancer when the players start calling him out. The media hasn't really even called him out other than to say he's been playing like crap (which I already agree with).

I still stand by my statement that Tmac wasn't the sole reason we lost the game.

And I still stand by my statement that trading Tmac for scraps is the wrong move. The right time to trade Tmac is either at the deadline if we are nearing .500, or in the offseason if we underachieve.

12. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

That's why, at the end of the day, and with a nearly immovable contract in McGrady's, it would be insane for the Rockets to blow this whole thing up NOW and not give it at least this one last try. That, of course, would require Adelman getting fired. If that is the price to get McGrady back on page (even if completely undeserved and even unfair) then you do it in a heartbeat.

One last chance this season, we will have plenty of time to blow this team up after the year is over...but for now you MUST make it work, which means yielding to whatever McGrady wants. If it is Adelman's head, then so be it. It is the only logical thing to do to salvage this season. Deal with McGrady later on after the playoffs are over. Bash him, bench him, suspend him...whatever. Just defer it until after the season is over, no matter the cost.

13. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I think the time is NOW because he will never be the same player as he was in 04-05.

Detroit is a place where i believe him to end up because Indiana, Lakers, San Antonio and Detroit were teams he wanted to play for before he left Orlando.

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

It would mean a lot more coming from Yao.

15. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Five stars for Feigen's article. I think Rox players just quit to let TMac see how bad the team would be if everybody quits. Sadly, TMac seems not appreciated and blamed his poor play on teammates not giving him enough touches and good spacing. For the sake of responsibility, why can't TMac just said it's on me and I would do it better in future games?

16. manhore

manhore Member

McGrady is pulling a Manny Ramirez on the Rox but instead for a new contract, he's doing it for a new coach. If the Rox submit to McGrady like you are suggesting, then what kind of message is that sending. I know that Manny didn't get what he was looking for cuz KARMA IS A BIATCH!!!

17. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yao can't because he has too many game bad games against mediocre players. Artest needs to do it.

18. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Holy!! I just had a premonition. Mcgrady has read this Article and He is so fired up,that tomorrow he is going to drop 40 points/7 assist/8 rebounds.

count on it. :cool:

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I hate to see this happen with Tracy but he deserves it... he needs to suck it up and give an 100% effort night in and night out. I am very dissappointed with his performance this year. The writers are right and so are Bill Worrell and Matt Bullard... you are a paid employee getting millions. Tracy is getting the most millions on the team and playing as if he is the guy that is getting the least most paid. Right now he is only proving his critics right. He is proving John Weisbrod (the former Owner or GM of the Orlando Magic) right that he doesn't play with the attitude of a winner or champion. I bet these people are laughing... but guess what the city of Houston isn't. If he thinks he got disrespected in Orlando... wait to he experiences what it's like in this city lol he has another thing coming!

20. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Last I heard, he isn't even going to play.