1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chronicle) Brooks to be named NBA's Most Improved Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rcoleman15, Apr 21, 2010.

1. chosans

chosans Member

Congratulations to AB, he deserves it.

I wonder what it would take to win it 2 times in a row, I don't think anyone has ever done that before. He'd probably have to average 28 or 30 points per game or up his assists to 10 a game.

2. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

next season AB will be more than just a MIP

09-10 Season:
    AB = MIP

10-11 Season:
    AB=> MIP

11-12 Season:
    top 10 PGs and All-NBA 3rd Team or even 15th in MVP rankings

3. mms

mms Member

It's time to trade AB for an elite big and put Lowry in the starting pg.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, let's replace our best player with a career backup.

DD

5. dartherus

dartherus Member

Trading AB at his peak value (just awarded with an MIP) is not dumb, if you get a star or near superstar in return (adding sweeteners and salary fillers).....

6. rocketsmetalspd

Rockets should in be the process of trading of their best players. I still don't think the team should trade any of its core players because they have not had the chance to play with Yao. I would rather wait till the trading to make any big changes. The team does have other assests like draft picks to work with.

7. rocketsmetalspd

opps trading deadline

8. viertelasiat

viertelasiat Member

I would only trade AB for another star at the same position.... Another fact is AB is not injury prone at all.... If I recall correctly he was injured like once and expected to miss like 2 weeks but ended up missing like 1 or 2 games instead. There is a very short (unreasonable) list of players I would trade AB for. With that said it isn't happening. I think we need to go after free agents via sign and trades in which case all we really need to give up is expirings/ maybe picks for the right players.

I think the idea is you sell high, when you know that thy are at their peak. I don't necessarily think AB is at his peak yet.

9. skyline07

skyline07 Member

yea we did that with carl landry because we could afford giving him up. Scola, jordan, chuck hayes can all play in for him. But i dont believe we can give up our best and only 1 of 2 point guards.

10. AXG

AXG Member

Good job Brooks. It was well-deserved.

11. Chamillionaire

can somebody list the winners of the MIP since 2000?