1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chronicle) Brooks to be named NBA's Most Improved Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rcoleman15, Apr 21, 2010.

1. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Congrats! Keep improving.

2. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Yes please win it again next year!!!! That would mean 29pt and 10 assists. I would bow to you AB.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, that would be a bad trade...we have a guy that hustles and is almost as good as Bosh in Scola, and a developing guy that is one of the fastest/quickest PFs in the league in Hill.

Lowry is not a starter....so in your scenario, you get rid of 40% of your starting lineup in Brooks and Scola and hope a backup somehow learns to shoot.

Bad trade...that is a bad trade.

DD

4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

You can't make an argument that Brooks should be traded without knowing what is being offered.

The question is not "Should we trade Brooks?". The question is "Who is worth trading Brooks for?"

But I agree that his play this season and this award may artificially inflate his value, and that can only mean better trade offers. I trust Morey to do the right thing.

My gut is that he gets traded in the offseason for an All-Star.

5. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

He deserves the award.

Although, I am a little saddened, because this will drive his price up when Morey tries to resign him.

6. jayeal

jayeal Member

Congrats Aaron!
    Trade AB? I don''t believe

7. lokeej

lokeej Member

Congrats to AB! I like how he knows he still has alot to improve and will continue to do so. I hope we don't lose him!

8. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Awesome news and well deserved.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

That makes sense I guess. I always looked at it as in who made the biggest leap from one year to the next.

10. Raven

Raven Member

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

If Brooks is our best player then this team isn't going anywhere. In any case IMHO i would say Martin is our best player (until Yao gets back to form). But I'm all for trading Brooks if we can somehow get an elite level player in return. With the current roster makeup we will be a strong playoff team, but it's doubtful we'll be contenders for the title.

12. worzel gummidge

Especially when the Spurs are going to add this guy next season without subtracting any key players from their roster:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLUTqqKP9VM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yLUTqqKP9VM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

13. DaDakota

I don't think they can, they are over the cap and would only be able to pay him the MLE, and that is less than what he is getting over there, and with a lockout looming, why would he take the chance of being locked out?

DD

14. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Scola is almost as good as Bosh? Are you joking? That's like saying, "nah we don't need Wade, Martin is almost as good as him." Scola is a good player. Bosh is an ELITE player. If you can't recognize the difference levels in talent, I think it might be time for new glasses.

I like Jordan Hill.. I think he can be solid. But he's not one of the quickest PFs in the league.. we both found that out in the phoenix game when Amare would blow past him. He didn't have a chance to stop him. He's solid, but let's not overrate him.

15. DaDakota

I don't believe Bosh is an elite player, I think he is an all star player, but you get about the same production from Scola as you do from Bosh....

I am not saying Scola is as good as Bosh, but to me, Scola and Brooks are better than just Bosh.

Make sense?

How about looking at it this way.

Brooks
    Martin
    Trevor/Battier
    Scola
    Yao

is better than:

Lowry
    Martin
    Trevor/Battier
    Bosh
    Yao

I want the better team, not just a little bit better player.

If you get rid of Brooks, you better get someone that can create their own shot and make it...because he is the ONLY Rocket that can do that....the ONLY one.

DD

16. LongTimeFan

His name is Chris Bosh. I don't know what to tell you if you don't think he's an elite player. He's the top PF in a market that includes Amare and Boozer, both who are better than Scola.

The Rockets offered Battier PLUS Scola for Amare.. Hmm.. I wonder how much more they value Bosh?

17. DaDakota

Not arguing who is better, arguing what makes the overall team better.

DD

18. worzel gummidge

http://www.in-the-game.org/?page_id=822

according to the site above, Splitter makes 1.4M euros/yr. 1.4M euros around $1.9M US. then double it for equiv nba contract at $3.8M.

there's spec his current club will lose him, supposedly having financial troubles, won't have the money to keep him.

19. LongTimeFan

This is the wrong thread to get into this -- congrats AB, well deserved!

20. misterNguyen

misterNguyen Member

Congrats. No one else was near him in the runnings for MIP. :grin: