1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Chronicle) Brooks to be named NBA's Most Improved Player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rcoleman15, Apr 21, 2010.

1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I fixed it for you

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

You are one of the most annoying posters on this site. I don't know how one can achieve such a high percentage of fail posts as you do.

1 person likes this.
  3. YallMean

YallMean Member

Nice :grin:

A ticket out of the county will even be better.

4. Chamillionaire

his stock is at it`s highest now, it`s going to be interesting if he`s going to be in a rockets uniform next year.

congratulations AB, we enjoyed watching your play this year.

5. clos4life

clos4life Member

If there is any good time to trade AB it is now.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

[​IMG]
    No, seriously, what's with that statement?

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yao's Shanghai Shark is performing like biotech company w/ a drug just approved by the FDA. It's NUTS. That gig of his, Le$ of the CBA, could be his main interest if he is limited physically.

Just saying ...

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

What does that have to do with this past season? Just explain how Brooks had a bigger improvement in his overall game than Durant. How did he make a better leap....because he scored 4 more PPG (his increase)?

Draft slot means nothing. Oden was a #1 pick, etc.

9. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Congrats to AB0! Well deserved.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Because these awards are never about one season. They are about the current regular season and the playoffs the previous year. They are about reputations and expectations.

The MIP is about a player no one thought would be good, ending up being good.

Everyone knew Durant was going to be good, no one knew Brooks was. You are taking it too literally. Its just like the MVP award is not about who is the most valuable, its about who is the best player.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Actually I think the other point guard from N.O., Darren Collison, was the most improved player.....during the actual season at least.

With the extra playing time that kid began to dominate games and dominate Brooks himself the last couple times we played them.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Congrats AB.

And for people saying trade him.......you don't trade away your best players, that is what losing teams do....

You build around them.

DD

13. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Naw, You buy low, and sell high.

Morey is just accumulating cheap assests to turn into bigger prizes. That is what a great GM like Morey does.

IMO, this is the best time to trade him while his stock is high. I can see him being packaged for a all-star. Who knows, we might get Bosh or even Wade.

I know Morey is grinning at the fact that the National Media is giving Brooks so much praise.

But if we keep him, I can live with that. He is a great compliment to Yao.

14. bucket

bucket Member

Yeah, his trade value is high. That's because he is a valuable player, to other teams as well as to the Rockets. Of course no one is untouchable, but I really don't get these arguments that the Rockets should just take whatever they can get for one of their best players.

15. DaDakota

What team has gotten that much better by trading away their near all star players?

And whom do you trade him for?

AB has not peaked, he is going to get even better....better shooting, better passing, better at running the team.

He is the Rockets BEST player....you do not trade him....you trade promising tertiary pieces like Landry along with draft picks....not your star players.

Or...

We could be like the Clippers and keep trading away promising talent......lol...amazing...simply amazing.

DD

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I agree. You don't trade your best players unless you are getting a better player(s) that makes the team better. I don't see us moving AB, unless it's that kind of a scenario. The way the rules have changed have made him a game changer. With getting Martin, Brooks game cranked up another notch. I think you have to see how that pair plays next season, hopefully with the big fella and the rest of the team healthy. We're more apt to move someone else this summer, IMO. If AB is moved, it'll be at the deadline because Morey saw something up to that point that told him it's the thing to do to improve the team. Of course, I could be wrong! :)

17. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Well, before Landry got traded, he wasn't exactly a tertiary piece. He was in the running for the 6th man of the Year award and he was also a near allstar when he played for us. He even was in the top 5 in 4th quarter scoring.

But Morey traded him the second his stock had peaked. Who's to say Morey won't do the same with Brooks? I can see him being the odd man out since both Morey and Les have made it known that they will re-sign Lowry.

But hey, I love Brooks and I learned that after trading Landry, you can't grow emotionally attached to one individual player and the ugly business side of basketball.

But if we keep Brooks, I will be happy regardless of the outcome. Morey knows more than you and me.

18. DaDakota

Landry was a backup player....not a starter......tertiary piece....and we got a starter for him.

If you traded Brooks who is near all star level you got to get a SUPER Star player...

And it almost has to be a PG....

DD

19. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

And then we bring in Llull to back up Lowry when we get Bosh for Brooks/fillers?

20. redao

redao Member

[​IMG] Brooks for Deron Williams.