1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Chronic]Spanoulis says he won't return to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Red Glare, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingkow

kingkow Member

I have to say this is just very disappointing. Vspan had me lost my faith completely. Running away from your troubles is no good. Look at Tsakalidas, look at how he struggled and look at him now. He still hasn't given up.

I am very disappointed in you. You are a wuz

2. goyao11

goyao11 Member

grr I <3 Vspan...

now i think Vspan is a putz.
    He could've been great...a real shame...

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Hmmm - that sounds like - defensive player of the year Marcus Camby! Denver saves $13M in salary and luxury tax. They're supposedly looking for a shooter - throw in Luther if they want to pay him.

I went on a Greek cruise for my honeymoon, stopping on four Greek islands, and I can tell you that the islands rank up there with the most beautiful places in the world. Especially Santorini. If I was the TMac of Greece, making fairly decent money over there and being loved by my fellow countrymen, living in paradise, it might be a culture shock to me too if I left that to live in Houston and stay in a bunch of hotel rooms across America. I guess I understand his decision, and I am not really mad at him. If he wants to walk away from millions, more power to him.

Like Gordon Gekko said: "It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another." Translation - in the NBA, there will also be another young hungry player willing to take your $1.8 million salary slot and spot on the bench.

4. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

What a pu$$y.

I don't think this changes things very much from a Rockets perspective. They are trying to win a championship within the next 2-3 yrs, Spanoulis wasn't going to be a big factor right now on this team.

5. Lumix

Lumix Member

Someone is searching all pages for DD's response...
    Not a single work so far from DD. :)

6. SmitingPurpleEm

Let's let him finish eating the masses of crow that's on his plate right now before making him talk?

7. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The Landon Donovan of basketball.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

How would you feel about going from being a hero in a country of hero worshippers to a forgotten bench-warmer is a foreign land?

[​IMG]

Besides Grecce looks like this:
    [​IMG]

You guys don't know much about what's really important in life.

9. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

What, that it's okay to remain a big fish in a little pond and never challenge or better yourself?

10. Panda

Panda Member

I can understand being homesick, missing the lifestyle back home country thing. I went through it myself. However, using homesick to justify breaking a contract is a childish excuse. I suspect the real problem is his self perception as an NBA player being scarred by the hard adaptation process further enchanced by his former coach. His confidence is shaken. He wants to run away from challenges so he resorts to the "homesick" avanue acceptable to his countrymen. Can't handle the thought of possibly going through another struggling year in the NBA and further cementing himself as a scrub, he runs and cries to his mom saying I miss you mom I can't live without you. What a wuss.

11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If he had any question about any of these things he should have written some sort of 'out' clause in his contract.

From my perspective, you don't sign a 3 year contract unless you are willing to honor it, even when it gets a bit uncomfortable to do so.

12. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

Um, yeah we do.

[​IMG]

13. FFz

FFz Member

Say goodbye to the 4 million dollar shoe contract from china VSPAN! Hope you have a good time in Greece doing nothing for the next 2 years.

14. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

Utah was probably happy to lose Fisher like this if the contract doesn't go against the cap. Wasn't he being way overpaid for his production? I'm not sure but I'm too lazy to look it up or look at jazzfanz.com.

15. zilches

zilches Member

Being away from a hate-infested fan like you would be far more valuable than 4 million to me.

Gads! Do you think you owned the guy?

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Where do you see hate in that statement? It was more truth. He's not getting a shoe contract to play in Greece and the Rockets aren't about to just let him out of his deal. If it stays as it is right now, nothing is exactly what he'll be doing for the next 2 years.

17. drobsnightmare

What a b****.

I guess he's going back to being the Grecian TMac.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Someone needs to toughen this kid up. being a professional Athelete means living and adapiting to all sorts of envrioments. It's a privlige to be a nba player and not a given.

19. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Now that I have looked at all the information in front of me, I can say that VSPAN was a bust.

Just like I said Boki would do so well, after I got new data.

I'm always right.

DDDDDDDDDD

20. BigSherv

BigSherv Contributing Member

i can't believe this turd burglar would rather sit in Greece and earn 0 money than play for the rockets.

What about your friends at Nikko Nikko you sell out b*$#*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.