1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Chronic]Spanoulis says he won't return to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Red Glare, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I dont fault vspan being homesick and all

BUT

if you signed a contract you should fulfill it I hope the rockets do not release him from his contract so he has to sit on his but for two years and not get paid for it (or will he not get paid, but the rockets retain his rights?)

either way span made 1.8 mil for doing nothing and is going back...what a freaking drama queen the guy should have waited to see what role he would have played in adelman's offense first before doing anything.

seriously if he does stay in greece i wouldn't care at all if I never heard of him ever again. i hope whatever greek team he will play for will suck donkey balls for the rest of his "career" there

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

i'd like to see what dadakota would say.

3. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

dear vspan,

congrats on being a f*cking p*ssy. apparently the nba was a little too much for you to handle.

let us all hear from the pro vspan congregation now! luffy, dada, et al. speak now! please let us know how jvg failed him! we are eager to here your responses!

:rolleyes:

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It happens all the time.

5. tsunami

tsunami Member

I believe the pressure on Yao is 10 times heavier than on VSpan, yet Yao handles the pressure gracefully. VSpan need some emotion control training.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

this is comical at best.

that is EXACTLY why he is a p***y. HE made the conscientious decision to come here, to test his mettle against the best basketball players in the world and he FAILED. and now that he has one damn setback, one bad season (regardless of the coach) he wants to claim being "homesick"?????

PLEASE.

stop sticking up for this loser, p***y, CHUMP. he couldn't handle the toughst competition in the world, and now wants to go crawling home like the little greek baby he is..... after we wasted a 3 yr contract on him.

to hell with him.... eat the crow that you and the rest of you vspan apologists so rightfully deserve and leave it at that.

7. rockets-#1

rockets-#1 Contributing Member

Well this sucks. The dude has so much potential. I remember watching the Rockets vs. Sonics late in the season where a Sonics guy did the color with Bill. He was pretty much raving about V-Span. If they can't convince him to play, I hope they get more out of the contract than just the 350k.

8. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I am terribly disappointed. I suppose I'm the only one that is hoping that somehow we can still convince him to come back for one more try. I think he would be electric running the picknroll at the top in an Adelman offense.

9. awo86

awo86 Rookie

In the end, this is the best for the rockets!

good decision u fuking wuss!

now we have his 1.8 MIL plus sura's 4 MIL to work with to land a PF on a team that needs to clear cap space. gogo rockets

10. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

V-Span is a cult classic Rocket now, to me he will be known as the biggest whiner I've ever seen. It seemed he whined and cried over somthing everyother month.

"Wah wah wah playing time"

"Wah wah wah JVG hurt my feelings"

"Wah wah wah I don't need to shoot 3pt range, I'm a passer guy/playmaker"

"Wah wah wah I'm not T-Mac here like I was T-Mac in Greece"

"Wah wah wah I can't survive here, the high maintence hotels the rockets put me at throughout the season and the 2 million they payed me so I can live in a secluded private and safe suburb aren't enough, I CAN'T SURVIVE!!!!!!! wah"

I say keep the whiner under contract and let him have an entire year in greece to do nothing but catch up on the year he lost, then when his Rockets contract is up he can play ball there

I say keep the whiner under contract and let him have an entire year in greece to do nothing but catch up on the year he lost, then when his Rockets contract is up he can play ball there

See doesn't that get old when somthing occurs over and over again? Imagine each of those bold statements were a whine and cry... and you will see how old V-Span's antics get

V-Span, with yours and Sura's contracts I hope we get a good AMERICAN pf who not only can CUT IT in the NBA, but is tuff and willed aswell

Take that V-Bi*ch and go moan,cry and whine all you want to your momma

11. zilches

zilches Member

You got my vote! In fact, this all seems overblown, and I wouldn't be so shocked if he is back with the team next year.

I still think there is the possiblility that the Rockets management did mislead him about playing time before he came over, and the "Greek T-Mac" thing that is Van Gundy's creation has never been fully exposed (as we can tell from some of the posts here).

I got no hard feelings. I wish him well.

12. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

Go back to wher you came from VMac! This team doesn't need a primadonna. Just cry and pout to your Greek gods... :D

13. Fuse

Fuse Member

What a pitiful situation. A man who couldn't stand leaving his home for a year? Wow... I'm speechless. To think that he could of become a good role player. I guess he is mentally far away from it.

14. Rox Addict

Rox Addict Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We don't need any 20 year old mama's boy pus..y on this team !! Let him out of the contract and get the money and use it on a damn power forward...I never ever liked V-Span !! I never could understand why so many people loved him....He showed me nothing but turnovers !! Now I see he is scared of the Big NBA MAN...... :D

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Oh well.. I've always thought he could've been something special in a couple of years. Turns out the kid just misses his mama's breast feeding.

Can anyone really be surprised WHY the fans turn on a player so fast? I mean if you can't see the situation, then go ahead a support a quitter. How weak do you have to be to not be able to survive here?

I've lived in this country alone since the end of high school with NO family here in the states. I am very close to my family and relatives and I'm making much, much less money as a student. I miss them dearly, but I'm sticking it out.

VSpazz has a Greek community (given it's nowhere as big as Yao's Chinese community) here supporting him. He must be one of those kids who had a really hard time in his first day of kindergarten and 1st grade because his parents aren't around.

Say hi to your mama for me and don't drink too much of her milk now ok?

16. Zinc

Zinc Member

As a player, I still think Vspan could be very good at any level, even though he did not try to fit in. As you guys compared him with Yao, I think the biggest difference is that Vspan got too much of that World Champ thing in his head and start thinking he should be the king of the proBall, yet he did not realize the world champ game was played in different strategy, different rule, again, NBA is a different monster to him, too bad he did not have enough guts and heart to conquer like Yao did.

Nuff said, but he could really be great.....sigh....

17. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

Thank god...now we can be done with all the unmotivated V-Span love. And I guess all those people on the board who kept saying "V-Span isn't saying anything about leaving...its just the media and speculation" were wrong as the article said he told the Rocket's 10 times he wasn't coming back. I hope the Rockets don't do him any favors and buy him out of his contract.

18. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Wow!! This is SAD!! :mad: First of all I think this guy could have been a great asset to our team... a great player. Not only does he not want to play for us, but we also loose any trade value he may have had. So disappointing. I can't say what "I" would do in his shoes (cause I'm not) but from a fans perspective (Rocket's) I lost any respect that I had for him. It was JVG not the Rocket's who wronged him. I wish the him the best. I also feel that a contract is a contract. I hope the Rocket's hold his rights and keep him under the full length of his contract. It is a sad situation... he forced their hand but now they should play the cards they have left. Sorry Span... if we loose everything you should too. Keep him under contract for the full term. Let him waste some of his best years just sitting out of basketball. My 2 Cents.

19. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

Well, if releasing him doesn't do any good to our cap space, then I say keep him on the contract. Since he is not coming back, Rox doesn't need to pay him. Some time next year, we can use his expiring contract in a trade.

20. SmitingPurpleEm

I think this is the first time ever in which a player who is unhappy about lack of PT uses an even worse excuse to get out of his contract. Damn, now that I read over what he said, it makes me think even less of him. Not only does he have little skill and a bad attitude, he is also a complete p*ssy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.