1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Chronic]Spanoulis says he won't return to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Red Glare, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Well said. God Bless
    [​IMG]

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Maybe he will pull a Sabonis and return to the Rockets at age 50. You guys would still insist he should start.

3. AXG

AXG Member

I won't miss the guy. He couldn't shoot the ball well, and he committed too many turnovers per game. I think he was making an excuse for not being able to adjust to the NBA's game and he wasn't getting any PT in Houston.

4. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

JVG did not kill V-Span, V-Span killed V-Span. And can we please stop calling him that? I liked it better when you had to earn a nickname, this kid is not worth it. I have no sympathy for athletes that make millions to put a ball in a hoop and then want to cry about not being able to "survive". Give me a damn break.

I'm glad all this is over. No more "V-Span is god" threads. No more complaining about giving the high TO guy starter minutes. We all can finally breathe again. Let Vagina Spanoulis do what he feels. JVG saw all this from the beginning, nobody believed him.

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm a 14 year old boy who will be living in England for the next 5 years, and I'm not exactly crying to go back home. Spanoulis has a weird mindset. :confused: Ah well, I guess we have one less PG to worry about. He's definitely not coming back, why blow it up by suring him, just release him quietly.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Well, I'm no longer a fan of VSPAN. :eek:

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I disagree on releasing him. Keep him under contract so that he can not play for any other team until it runs out. There has to be some kind of consequence. You can't just sign a contract and then out of nowhere decide you no longer want to honor it and expect to get away home free. Sorry guy, be prepared to warm the couch for the next 2-3 seasons. I bet the Rockets bench would start to look like heaven to him after a couple months.

8. zong

zong Member

Do not care, Rox has too many guards, also Rox can use the money after his release for a PF.

9. AXG

AXG Member

The Rockets already have Bob Sura's contract on their roster. By keeping VSpan on the team also, the team has two less roster spots to give to other deserving palyers. Unless one or both of them is either released or traded, the most amount of players the Rockets can have is 13.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

This was the guy who was supposed to be a hard-nosed defender?

Friggin' mama's boy. Don't let DaDakota's screen door hit you on the way out.

11. maw7079

maw7079 Member

JVG SUCKSSS!!!!! for letting this happen.

12. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

Should we indeed pick up a quality PF through a trade of Sura/V-Span/etc., I personally might not ever be able to rule out that Rox mgmt and V-Span *both* agreed to this outburst in order to make it more clear to the trading partner (and NBA) that he has no intention of depleting the other team's payroll next season. I find the timing of this - on the heels of the Fisher announcement - and Doc's against-the-grain reaction to be quite curious...it's setting off spidey senses.

Alex, thanks for all your posts in the past to keep us informed. Yes, it will be quite interesting.

13. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

My first reaction was, wow they are playing the Derek Fisher angle, "I have family issues, let me out of the contract."

I fully understand why he wouldn't play for the Rockets (there is just not enough PT with 5 PGs on the roster), however to slam the door on the NBA entirely? To say that he wouldn't do it even if he was starting for the Sppurs? That's crazy.

On the bright side, between Span, Sura and Lucas we have one giant trade exception that we can slice, dice and combine with other players. The two teams that are hurting from the lux tax have bigs that we would be interested in (Cavs/Gooden, Denver/Camby)

14. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

I hope he gets a firework stuck up his ***

15. FFz

FFz Member

VSpan was 2nd guard off the bench for a while too until he sucked for a couple of games. It's not all JVG. He had his chance. He ruined it with crappy fancy passes that lead to turnovers.

16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

This kinda explains drafting Brooks, if they told management 10 times V-Span wasn't coming back.

17. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

An interesting trade example would be:

Gooden/DJ for Sura-Span-Alston

Payroll relief for the Cavs allows them to match the Varejao offer and to lock in Pavlovich.
    DJ has a negative value for the Cavs, however he may get rejuvenated in his hometown.
    Alston will allow Bron to play more off-the ball.

18. AussieRocket

AussieRocket Member

Yes, but also management told us 10 times that they would be drafting the best player regardless of position...

19. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

actually thought this guy has the potential to develop into a tony parker style player... MY ASS

20. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

It's funny watching you people turn on players.

He didn't want to be here any more for one reason or another, I wish him the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.